Forty Nine

We went around multiple times, Zion laughing and smiling every time. Eventually, he became dizzy and we decided to get off. Everyone was waiting at the bottom with churros in their hands, scrolling through their phones and laughing. I walked to Nick, giving him a hug. He kissed my forehead and apologized for not going on the ride. I smiled, saying that it was okay.

We headed to the performance area. Music was booming from the hundreds of speaker surrounding the stage. Lights flashed all around in the dark, and the crowd jumped up and down, bouncing along to the music. It was Kehlani performing. Edwin screamed when he saw her, claiming that she was one of his favorite artists.

We watched as he obsessed over her, yelling the words along to the song. Nick stood behind me, his arms around my waist. A slower song started to play, and the crowd swayed along to the music.

"What's going on with you and Zion?" Nick asked.

I turned to face him. "Huh?"

He shrugged.

"Nothing," I laughed. "What are you talking about?"

He smiled. "I don't know. Just the way he looks at you and stuff."

I raised and eyebrow.

"Maybe I'm being paranoid." He shrugged.

I nodded and turned back around. I looked towards Zion. He stood next to Edwin, singing along with a smile on his face. As soon our eyes met, I looked away. I could feel his gaze lingering in my direction for a few moments, but ignored it and enjoyed the music instead. It's stupid. I shook my head subtly, trying to shake the thoughts out of my head.

"We've decided to crash at yours." Edwin grinned as we walked out.

"What?"

Austin laughed. "It's closer to this place than our house. So..."

The rest of the boys agreed. I sighed, eventually giving in. As soon as they walked into the house, they collapsed on top of each other on the floor, instantly falling asleep. I laughed quietly, heading to the closet to grab extra blankets and pillows. They grabbed them out of my hand and fell asleep in front of the TV. I washed up, changed into my pajamas, and climbed into bed. 

A few moments, I woke up to the door slamming. It was 4:02 AM. I walked outside to see everyone sitting on the sofa with their heads in their hands. Nick was standing in front of the sofa. His right cheek had turned bright red. Zion was gone.

"What happened?"

Edwin looked up, and turned away with a slight frown. Austin stood up and walked towards me.

"They had a fight," he said quietly. "Z left."

"Left where?"

He shrugged.

I walked over to Nick, checked that he was okay, gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead, grabbed a hoodie and walked out. I couldn't find him anywhere. He'd left. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. He didn't pick up. Sitting on the edge of the pavement, I called again and again until he picked up.

"What do you want." His voice was wavered.

"Where are you."