14 Jaebum

I walked through the cafe with a slight limp and I heard Jinyoung snicker from the counter.

"Would you shut up? Mr. I'll go gentle." I grumbled and Jinyoung laughed loudly almost falling into the counter.

I went over and opened the door to the basement before turning and grabbing the box of towels Jinyoung needed brought down. Halfway down the stairs my left leg completely gave out and I felt myself loose my footing.

A shriek left my lips as I threw the box and fell backwards before sliding down down the remaining concrete stairs.

The box fell with a loud clash probably denting the box as I groaned and laid on the ground.

"Jaebum!" Jinyoung yelled running down the stairs and sliding to my side.

"Now my ass really fucking hurts." I grumbled and Jinyoung laughed slightly.

"You should ask me for help when you do things like that just in case, even just so I walk behind you to catch you." Jinyoung said brushing my hair away from my face and pecking my nose.

"Uh... hello?" Someone called out and Jinyoung widened his eyes.

"Go to the customer i'll wither in pain down here." I laughed and Jinyoung scoffed.

"I'LL COME BACK FOR YOU MY LOVE!" He yelled running up the stairs and I chuckled.

"What a dork." I laughed.

Jinyoung came back down the stairs with a wary smile before kneeling next to me about 5 minutes later.

"So... a doctor came in looking for you and he's waiting upstairs cause he wants to talk to you about a medication that could possibly reverse or stop the Muscle Degeneration." Jinyoung explained and I widened my eyes.

"Really? Oh my god I need to get my ass upstairs." I said and Jinyoung laughed.

"Okay okay one second." He said helping me up and picking me up.

I felt like a baby being carried around but it was kind of nice to just be carried and cared for and loved so I didn't think too much about the negatives.

"Hello, Dr. Kim told me about you during a meeting when I mentioned my medicine development project. I'm Dr. Wen." He introduced himself while Jinyoung put me down at the booth.

I blushed but bowed back smiling at him. Jinyoung left to tend to customers when his employee Jae came in to help out as he worked 2 days a week.

Dr. Wen and I talked about the medicine he was developing and he made it clear I would be a test subject in a way but it was almost full proof that it worked and if I saw any bad side effects I could stop anytime... I got his number and business card and promised to call him back within the week with my decision before thanking him.

I stayed at the booth and just thought for the rest of the day, saying bye to Jae when he left and smiling as I saw Jinyoung turn off the lights and close and lock the door before sitting next to me.

"What are you thinking?" He asked taking my hand.

"I'm thinking it could really work... and I could have a semi normal life again... but it costs money and it isn't 100%." I said and Jinyoung smiled.

"I think you should do it if you want and let me worry about the money." Jinyoung said pecking my lips.