17 Jinyoung

Jaebum was now home and he was sleeping soundly on the bed but I just couldn't stop thinking.  Staring over at him I saw how gentle and peaceful he looked when he was asleep, how relaxed he was.. But when he was awake his eyes were clouded with worries, doubts, and fear and I hated that.

How could Doctor Wen do this?  Sure he said the drug was in its experimental stage but... if he had tested it all  he would have known it had so many side affects that it didn't work and there wouldn't have been a reason for Jaebum to take it and get so hurt... my baby was so hurt.

Opening up a tab on my computer I began scrolling through various articles on Dr. Wen.  There had to be something... anything that I could use to get Dr. Wen to pay in some way...

I heard a groan and I looked back and saw Jaebum's face scrunched up and I quickly walked over.  Gently I lifted his leg back up to sit on the pillow it was propped up on and ran my fingers through his hair.  After a few minutes his face relaxed and he fell back into a deep sleep.

Leaning down he pressed a soft kiss to Jaebum's forehead before walking back to the computer.  After a few hours of research I came across something very interesting about Dr. Wen, and something he knew he could use against him.

Quickly I bookmarked the page and called an old friend.

"Hey Hyung.. I know it's late.. but I need you to represent my boyfriend in a case against Dr. Wen...  You can come by tomorrow to get all the details if possible?"  I asked trying to talk quietly.

"Thank you so much... I'll see you then."  He said before hanging up.

Looking back I smiled and carefully got into bed with Jaebum, gently he took the other's hand in his and fell asleep.

~~~~

"He really agreed to help us build a case against Dr. Wen?"  Jaebum asked with wide eyes as he sat on the edge of the bed.

"He did, he's a great guy and he's really good at his job."  I said with a smile.

"Okay.. I just don't want to waste any of your money on something that won't even work... i've already wasted enough."  Jaebum mumbled.

Quickly I turned and cupped Jaebum's face making him look directly at me.  

"Jaebum, it is not a waste, nothing I do for you is a waste of money.  I will spend all my money on you if I have to and I will never ever  regret it because I love you and I don't care."  I said before leaning forward and pecking his lips.

"Now that's cute, but I would like to stay professional."  

Splitting apart Jaebum and I looked to see Mark standing in the doorway with a stupid smile.

"Shut up Hyung.. you could have knocked."  I said with a roll of my eyes.

"Jae let me down.  So you're Jaebum?  It's nice to meet you, I'm Mark and i'm going to help you win this okay?"  Mark said with a small smile shaking Jaebum's hand.

"So I need you to tell me everything about your disease and how you met Dr. Wen."  Mark said sitting down in the desk chair facing us.

This is going to take a bit, but it would have to work.. I needed it to work.