Chapter 5. Why do I bother naming chapters anyways?

You know when I first started writing down my story. You know the one. "I never wanted to be a half blood" I thought it would end.

Then Gaea rose and I realized I couldn't tell the story on my own anymore so I asked for help.
(Except for Coach Hedge. I didn't need a chapter consisting of only one word. And we all know which word he would have used.)

But then everything settled down. I went to collage. I retired.

I got married.

Then one day I woke up to find the Fates in my room.

"Hail Perseus. God of Heros." They said as they turned my electric blue string to gold.

I had tried to fight it at first, begging Zeus to remove my immortality like he did when he turned Apollo into Lester.

(That was hilarious, btw)

He refused, the Fates had turned me into an immortal and thus that is how I would stay.

But eventually I got used to it and went back to Annabeth after I had gotten a hold on my powers.

But I discovered she had been killed by a dracaena less than a week before.

The dark side of the moon is missing a few chunks by the way. Its where the gods sent me to let out my grief.

I tried to bring her back but no immortal can raise the dead. Only demigods and mortals.

Annabeth would never forgive me if I risked a demigod's life by ordering a quest.

So the gods decided to help me.

Once a month, on the night of the Full moon, Nico di Angelo was allowed to raise the ghosts of Annabeth and Luke so that Thalia and I could see them.

It wasn't perfect. But at least she wasn't gone forever.

I decided to use my newfound status to help the heros I was the patron of.
I founded the Guardians. A group of Immortals like the Hunters of Artemis, only instead of swearing off boys, they swore to protect demigods.

Clarisse was one of the first to join. She became my lieutenant, and her boyfriend joined literally an hour later.

A few other demigods joined up. Leo, who wanted to be immortal like his girlfriend Calypso, and Will who was in a similar situation with Nico di Angelo who had been made his father's immortal lieutenant when he turned 18.

Sora and Skye, twin children of Zeus joined pretty quickly. We found them in a boarding school, defending mortals from a Cyclops.

That is the one stipulation to join.

You have to have risked your life to save another, whether the life you saved was mortal, immortal or something in between.

Every guardian had risked their life and every guardian understood how precious such a thing is.

Over the years more and more joined, we had archers and swordsman and spearswomen.

We fought as one, traveling across the country, answering satyrs requests for aid.

We started out with only 15 but we now had over 50. 40 fighters and 10 or so support.

I was so happy when Mom said she would learn medicine. It meant she would be safe.

She was back at camp right now.

Most of the Guardians were.

I only had five with me at the moment, watching the school from the trees.

Sora and Skye where above me, using their air powers to perch on the thinnest branches like birds.

Jack, a son of Apollo and our resident sharpshooter, was just below me in the tree, eyes and arrow trained on the school as students began to file in.

In the tree next to us were Travis and Connor Stoll, sons of Hermes. They had joined about a day after Clarisse did.

Katie, Travis's girlfriend of 20 years now, was back at camp, using her powers to grow the herbs Will would need in the infirmary.

Everyone tensed as a young boy came up to our tree, sniffing the air.
I dropped down and he gave out a startled baaaaaa!

"You called, I came." I said as he bowed low.

"Lord Perseus. Thank you for coming." He said. "My name is Tadet. But Amelia knows me as Teddy."

"Amelia is the demigod?" I asked, checking my knives.

"Yes, sir. She is in the science corridor first period."

"Alright." I said.

I raised my hand and snapped my fingers.

The wind whipped around the seven of us and the Mist wrapped around us tightly.

Only people who knew could see us at all.

That or clear sighted. But what are the chances of meeting one of those special mortals here.

"In we go." I said, leading the charge.

"Wait." Aren't you going to come up with some kind of plan?" Teddy asked.

All five guardians started to laugh uncontrollably, Jack quite literally falling out of the tree as the rest came down.

"I've know Percy for over 60 years. Not once can I think of a time he actually had a plan." Travis said.

"Hey!" I protested.

"You know its true." He said. "Annabeth came up with them. Speaking of, how did your talk go?"

"We got interrupted. Nico is going to join us tonight and try again. Oh. And remind me to IM Thalia later."

"Kay. How about we split up. Sora, Skye, will go take care of our new friend. Connor and I will go in the side front door and take care of the principal while you and Jake flash in and cause a distraction."

"Mahhhhhh! That's a plan."

I glared at the Satyr and he shrank back.

"Fine. I rather do Plan T." Connor said.

"Take it by storm is both atrocious and copy rite." Travis snapped back.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing." both said.

"Anyways, we'll do that. Come on Jake." I grabbed his arm and flashed us inside the school.

With the mist wrapped so tightly around us that even a demigod would have trouble so it was just my luck that a clear-sighted mortal walked around the corner.

And not just any mortal. A mortal agent.

And not just any mortal agent. A mortal government agent.

And not just any mortal government agent.

A mortal government shield agent.

I know. I hate myself too.

He raised his gun, calling for back up ,and I sighed.

Here we go again.

Why do the Fates torment me so?