Chapter 15. (You cant make me! Mwhahahahahah)

Natasha was confused when Travis took her to Percy's tent after she had woken up in the med tent with a blonde haired Healer named Will and Leo of all people.

"Remember that little girl at the fire? Yeah. She was a goddess. Don't know why but she gave you her blessing and now I'm not the only fire bender. Want to do the dragon dance?"

Will sighed. "What Leo means is that Lady Hestia, goddess of the Hearth and Family, has given you her blessing. This means you can control fire."

Leo had been singing the Avatar theme song at that moment and accidentally not so much set the curtains separating Natasha's bed from the others on fire.

She was still grinning, looking at the little flame hovering an inch over her cupped hands when Wanda came into to tent, just as confused as she was.

"Hey, Natasha. That was awesome what you did in the arena. My counselor says you were blessed by the Goddess Hestia."

"To be fair, I thought she was a camper when I met her."

Wanda laughed. "Apparently she likes to visit the hearth here whenever Percy drops off a camper."

"Yeah. I'll burn an offering to her tonight." Natasha said, glancing at the door.

"So Travis didnt say why I'm here? Ideas?"

"Not really. Maria says there were some mortals hanging out near the border. We were in the mortal world recently. Maybe they want some info."

"Maybe."

They looked up as the sounds of armoured boots came closer until Conner stuck his head in. "You have a visitor. Yell if you need help."

After Steve had left, not fully understanding their reasons but convinced that they weren't being mind controlled, Percy arrived and asked for Natasha to come with him.

"Its high time you met an old freind of mine." He had led me to a cave in the forest, glowing sigils and torches lighting up the curtained entrance.

Natasha was prepared to met another god. What she was not expecting was a frizzy haired red head covered in paint arguing with a man who was glowing gold.

Percy sighed. "Natasha. While you travel with me you shall meet many immortals who have seen a million sunrises and brave demigods who have seen a thousand sunsets. Here's the idiot responsible for both."

Thou hast wounded me
With thy cruel words and story
Hello. I'm Apollo.

"Last line was six syllables."

"Let me try again. Ooh. Sup. Im Apollo."

Percy groaned.

"Percy!" The red head cried out, running from where she stood at her easel to hug him. "Its been a while. What's up."

"I wanted to come say hi. But I was unaware you had a guest. I apologize for intruding."

"Na man. Its cool Perce. I'm your cousin. We're bros." The golden man said.

"Its been a while Apollo. How are you?"

Natasha started to bow but Percy stopped her. "You are a guardian now. You owe respect to no other unless they earn it."

Natasha straightened out and extended her hand to shake.

Apollo took it and shook, grinning a literally blinding smile. He felt like he had a fever, running almost hot enough to be medically dead.

He did some lame pickup line that isn't worth mentioning which Natasha shot down instantly, making percy laugh.

"Sure she's one of yours and not one of my sisters?" Apollo asked.

"Positive. Speaking of, Lady Artemis will be stopping by later. She wants to assess these mortals herself."

Rachel pulled Natasha aside. "Let the gods talk. Im Rachel."

"Natasha."

"I know. I've seen you. You did well in that battle a few months ago. I knew you would join up." Rachel pointed to a painting where the Black Widow stood looking down at New York."

"How did you-"

"I am the host to the Oracle of Delphi. A side effect is that I get visions from past, present and future. Think of me as an early warning system Apollo put in."

The girls glanced over to the gods, where Apollo and Percy were discussing the new bar that had just opened.

"Only if I can bring a few guardians with me."

"Fine. But at least age them past twenty one first. And its bro night. Keep it that way."

"What's an Oracle?"

"When I was a teenager, a clear sighted mortal one. I was chosen by Apollo to host the spirit of Delphi. Now whenever someone asks me a question about the future there's an off chance I'll sprout a prophecy."

"That sounds terrifying."

"Its a tough gig but I got immortality out of it and really good friends. Like Percy. He went to my school before I became the Oracle and helped me explain to my parents what was up before helping me vanish."

"Wait. Are you Rachel Dare?"

She nodded. "Yup."

"You were in Percy's file. It said he was accused of kidnapping you."

"I like to think of it as an assisted exit. Apollo decided to make me immortal. Apparently he took a liking to me. So when I turned 21 I asked Percy to help me explain to my parents that I was leaving. They had arranged a marriage for me and as the Oracle that's a big no no. Nico came with us. My dad. He didn't understand. But my mom did a bit. Dad tried to hurt Percy when he said he would keep me safe. I tried to convince him it was for the best but we ended up shadow traveling to Camp. Apollo said there was a million dollar bounty on my head and mercenaries after Percy and Nico. They never found us."

"I remember reading the file. Percy went missing around then."

"He went to New Rome with his wife to attend collage." She pointed to a picture of a beautiful woman with grey eyes and golden ringlets. "Soon after he became a god she died."

"So tonight at 8. See you there." Percy said. "Sorry to keep you waiting Rachel. I was hoping to ask you for a prophecy later but it seems there's no time."

"Its fine, Percy. As long as you have those paints I asked for."

"You ask him for presents. My darling Oracle, I would lavish you with all the riches on earth be it your desire."

"Last time you got me something it was bribery."

"And this isn't?"

"He wants a prophecy. You wanted me to paint you in the nude."

Apollo gasped in mock horror. "Percy. I must take my leave. It is apparent that I am no longer welcome here. Goodbye, my darling Rachel. May your life be full of wonders."

"Get out!" Rachel yelled, hurling a plastic hairbrush at the god of the sun who vanished in a flash of light.

Percy handed her a package with a hindi label. "Here you go. Fresh paints from that shop in India you like."

"Thanks. So what do you want to know?" Rachel said, going and sitting on a simple solid wood chair draped in green cloth. Green smoke began to billow from Rachel's mouth as her head slumped and her eyes glowed green. When she spoke it was like there were three of her, all speaking in a simultaneous raspy voice. "I am the Oracle of Phobeus Apollo, Slayer of the Mighty Python. Approach Seeker and ask."

Natasha was suddenly in front of the Oracle, Percy gesturing for her to proceed.

"Will Asgard bring war to Earth?"

The Oracle opened her mouth to speak.