Chapter Legends!

"So you smashed them?"

"Yes."

Thalia grinned. "Good job, Valdez! You finally showed some backbone!"

Leo grinned and finished drawing the mustache on the dented iron man helmet.

Percy sighed. "What did you find?"

Natasha put down the folder in her hands. "While Leo and the twins were... breaking the Iron Sentries I finished printing off the files. There is information here on both the Asgardian science and mystic arts."

Percy took the folder and waved his hand over it. The letters shimmered and turned to greek. He handed half the papers to Lady Artemis, who had been patiently waiting.

The scout team was dismissed and they left to groom the pegasi.

"You did well on your first mission," Chris said, handing her a curry comb. "Not many would be able to dismantle an enemy automaton without having Hephaestus as a father."

"I have watched Stark enough to know how to break his toys."

"You know, Percy is beyond proud. I saw him smirking at the lady Artemis as we left."

Nat laughed. "It's like a magic mercenary camp." Leaders want you to join up and everyone wants to see what you're made of."

"You got it," Chris said. "It will be nice having a mortal with us too. All demigods and gods have dyslexia."

"Is it genetic?"

"Sort of. Our brains are hardwired for ancient Greek. Our battlefield reflexes get misdiagnosed as ADHD. Monsters attack us. School is hard. English is harder. But living is the hardest."

"So a mortal like me can..."

"Read street signs so we don't get lost and walk in and out of monster-infested areas with ease."

Nat laughed again, leaning into Luka's side so he would pick up his hoof. "So even the gods can't read English very well?"

"To be honest, I don't think many of them bothered to learn. I know Ares didn't," he explained after seeing Nat's confused expression. "God of war. The manly man's manly man. Those campers who you beat up earlier's dad."

"Ohhh." Nat realized. "I'm taking lessons with Kayla but I haven't been here long."

"Don't worry. Percy is almost 70 and a god himself and he still doesn't recognize half the deities and monsters we've encountered."

Leo laughed. "About a month ago we met up with these half cockroach half lady things. We still don't know what they were."

Chris grinned and walked over to Nat as his pegasus trotted off. "Clarisse had to coordinate the counterattack. Percy was just staring and muttering the word 'how' in ancient Greek over and over. He didn't snap out of it until Clarisse whacked him over the head with a shield."

"He needs it at least once a month."

The team looked up to see Clarisse standing in the doorway, a gash in her breastplate and covered in gold dust.

"The Hades happen to you?" Leo asked as Chris rushed to her side.

"Scouting mission downtown. Ran into some Canadians in a dive bar."

"What could you find out in a bar."

"Leo. Never ever underestimate what a drunk man is willing to do to win."

She said no more and left the stable, turning toward the med tent, leaning on Chris.

"Canadians?" Nat asked Leo, seeing as how Travis and Conner had vanished the moment they heard Clarisse.

"If you ever hear a giant mention Babycakes, run."

Leo left Nat in even more confusion than before.

Luka nickered and rubbed up against Nat's back, possibly reassuring her, also possibly searching for sugar cubes.

Nat rubbed his nose and fed him an apple before walking out with him.

He flew off into the air and Nat headed to the pavilion.

The hunters, campers, and guardians were gathered, the eating area magically enlarged.

Nat looked around, looking for a place to sit.

She had never truly attended school but she imagined this was how it would feel.

"Nat!"

She turned towards the voice, where Thalia sat with several girls in silver, Artemis at the head.

She glanced at Percy, who was staring at Artemis before nodding his head.

Nat figured it was okay, since a few tables were mixed, although the demigods mainly stuck to their own groups.

"May I join you Lady Artemis?"

The goddess smiled gently, sipping nectar from a silver goblet. "Of course, champion of Hestia."

Thalia grabbed Nat by the arm and pulled her down as a dryad glided over and served a plate of brisket and potatoes.

A gold goblet was placed next to it, empty of drink.

Artemis reached over and ran her finger over the rim. "I modified the enchantments to include all drinks."

Natasha thanked her and asked for an old favorite before sipping lightly at the wine.

"So tell us about yourself." A blond hunter asked. "How did you join Perseus?"

"A mission went wrong, a woefully outmatched opponent and a lot of luck."

Thalia smirked. "Tell me you got a lucky shot in. I've been dying to hear how your fight went."

"I tased him. Didn't have much of an effect but I got him with my widow stingers." Nat held up her wrist so the hunters could see the celestial bronze wrist tasers.

"May I?" Artemis asked, reaching out her hand.

Natasha obliged and handed the pair to her, eating a piece of brisket that had been cooked to perfection.

"Interesting. Perhaps I shall ask my brother to forge a few sets for my hunters. Although it was originally a mortal device I believe it could hold purpose in subduing a male discreetly."

"I would still prefer my own taser, milady," Thalia said, lightning arching over her fingertips.

Artemis smirked. "It is entertaining, I will admit. Although, I still prefer my jackalopes."

"You and rabbit hybrids, mildly." The Blonde said. "You've started a craze in the west. Even the mortals have seen them."

"Yes, Kristen. But I would rather them see and be reminded that they do not know everything, then allow the arrogance of men to grow."

Kristen nodded. "It is as you say."

"Enough talk. Let us eat. I am hoping to win tonights game."

"Game?"

The Campers lost to the Guardians last night so now it's the final round. Guardians Vs. Hunters. Perseus vs. Artemis. The final battle."

"That was very dramatic, Thalia." Artemis said.

"I get it from your side of the family."