04

Stacey

I went through another few days of school successfully now making my way back home. I needed a car. My legs aren't capable of walking back and forth everyday.

As I walked, my mind kept replaying the incident with Cameron a few days ago. We haven't really talked other than small talk based on the project. Had I really been such an easy target? I guess considering I was new that made me susceptible to anything at this point. I would be lying if I said that didn't hurt but I knew I couldn't let him get to me. That's what he did and what he's a professional at; getting under someone's skin.

I opened the front door, making my way inside and up to my room. Both my parents had worked late, making me sigh. Throwing my bag to the floor after throwing my hair up into a pony tail, I changed into some more comfortable clothing so I was able to go to bed.

Just as I was getting ready to lay down, my phone went off causing a groan to escape my lips.

I'm not exactly sure what that was at my house. I'll get the project done if it helps, we can quit the small talk. It's annoying.

I could feel my heart stop for a second, reading over his sentences multiple times in his irritated voice. It was obvious it had been Cameron. I decided not to reply. That would just be "small talk." I left it be, and began getting ready to sleep.

Plugging my phone in, I turned off the lights and curled underneath the blanket, drifting off to sleep.

-

The next morning I get up and get dressed, brushing my teeth, and straightening my hair. My mood felt much lighter in comparison to yesterday's, which I was thankful for. Eating a quick breakfast, I gathered my things for school and ran out the door.

I had the intention of walking to school, but those intentions quickly ended when a loud honk was heard beside my ear. Without a doubt, I knew exactly who that was.

"What do you want, Cameron?" I sighed.

"You," He shrugged, "get in."

"You're insane, I have legs, I can walk." I said pointing to my legs and began walking once again. As I took about three steps, he honks again.

"Cameron!" I screamed at him. I was extremely aggravated at this point.

"Come on Stace, Just get in. I'm actually trying to be nice." He rolled his eyes.

"You? Being nice? What is this? It isn't April, I know that for a fact."

"Could you be anymore annoying? Just get in, I'll give you a ride."

"Don't sass me, Dallas," I said as I felt my face turn hot red. Instead of arguing, I made my way to the side of his car and got in.

"Why are you so pissy this morning?" he asked, turning the volume up to the music. I grimaced at the high leveled volume, choosing to ignore it.

"I don't know, maybe because i'm in a car with the last person Iwant to be with. Besides, isn't talking to me getting annoying?" I could feel my eyes involuntarily roll, cameron's jaw clenching.

"Ah, so you got the message."

"Yes, I did." I said, no emotion laced between neither word.

"You could be walking right now," he pointed out, "but you're not. So the least you could do is thank me." He'd gripped onto the steering wheel a little too tight, his knuckles turning a shade of white.

"you're kidding right?" I laughed, but not in amusement. I was highly annoyed with him, finding it incredible how he wanted me to thank him for something I didn't wish to be doing. He was so demanding and moody, and I'd barely known him for a more than week. "I'd much rather be walking."