Chapter 20

-

The other boys, along with Jeongguk, had come to visit Taehyung. With Yoongi and Jin occupying the only chairs in the room, the others had no choice but to stand. Except for Jeongguk who hopped onto the foot of Taehyung's bed.

"We missed you so much," Jin spoke, a big smile plastered on his face. "It's great to see that you're getting better."

"It felt different without you being with us," spoke Namjoon with honesty wrapped around his words.

Hearing these things made a large smile form on his face. Never being able to feel missed or wanted, made him think that he really was a mistake and shouldn't have been born but now he's finally able to feel like he matters. Finally, he feels that maybe him being born isn't too bad at all.

He had a warm feeling in his chest and he liked it. He doesn't want that feeling to go away.

-

The boys had stayed for a small bit but due to so many of them and all the laughing and talking, Taehyung became weary. Considering he had only woken up a few days ago, he got tired easily.

Feeling somnolent he rubs his eyes as his smile became a drowsy one. He didn't want to go to sleep. He felt that he hadn't spent that much time with them to even feel this sleepy.

"Are you tired?" Jin spoke.

"Just a small bit." he partly lied.

"You should sleep then."

"I'm not that tired. I'll be-"

"Taehyung." The other said with a bit of a stern voice. "Don't stress your body. You've just woken up from being out for at least seven weeks. You need to rest." knowing that the other's body is worn out he put his hand over Taehyung's eyes.

"Ah." Taehyung was caught a bit by surprise at the males sudden action. "I'm fine," he said but with Jin's hand closing his eyes he could feel himself slipping.

He grabbed Jin's hand to pull it off but before he could do anything his body gave in. His grip weakened and his body relaxed as he fell asleep.

Pulling his hand away from the others face he spoke: "We should get going." He stood up. The sudden, slightly louder voice stopped the other males' conversations making them turn towards the male who spoke but also seeing that Taehyung was now sleeping.

Jeongguk sat looking at the sleeping boy's face as the others bid their quiet goodbyes to Taehyung and made their way to Jin who stood by the door, holding it open.

"Jeongguk." Jin quietly called.

Replying back with a low "I'm coming," the said male slipped off the end of the bed and made his way over to the head. With a sweet smile and a gentle whisper, "See you later, Tae." he leaned down and planted a soft peck atop Taehyung's head.

When Jeongguk fully stood up, he stayed for a few more seconds. During those few seconds, he looked over Taehyung's features.

Before Jin could call him again he left the spot where he stood and made his way out the room with Jin following behind.

-

Walking down a hallway should be easy. Probably one of the easiest things that a person could do if told to do so. It seems like no big deal. Just a simple task that no one would think could be so hard to do. Yet, there are times where people can find it extremely hard and tiring.

The young male was halfway down the hall to his room panting and sweating. He wasn't very far from it but it seemed as if the hall had grown tremendously and the room was now miles away from him.

His muscles had faded some from not moving for such a long period of time. Now he has to do what small bit he can to regain them while he's in there.

"We're almost there, Taehyung" The nurse began to try and encourage him. "You can do it."

Even with the nurse's help, it felt as if he wasn't able to make it to the room. His legs felt tired and very weak as if they would give out and collapse at any moment.

Staring down at the ground, he focused on moving one foot in front of the other and not on how his legs were feeling or how far the room may have seemed.

Eventually, after a few tiresome minutes, he made it to the room. He was now sat on his bed catching his breath. He knew his body was going to be sore later on. Not like he hadn't felt that before but this was going to be different.

With Taehyung being tired and needing of rest, the nurse helped him lay down. "I'll be back tomorrow to help you with some more exercise," she told him.

His eyelids felt heavy and he was unable to keep them open. So, with his eyes closed and not really hearing what the nurse had said he nodded anyway.

The instant his body was able to relax, a small sigh left his mouth as he fell asleep.

-

For a week Taehyung had been doing small exercises that the nurse gave him to do. He didn't feel like they were doing anything but it had only been a week and what would he know, he's just a kid.

When the second week had started the exercises had gotten a bit harder but he was able to see that they were working.

He was able to walk around his room on his own with a small bit of help but only for a small amount of time for he would begin grow tired and have to lay back down before he would need even more help from being so tired. Even getting on and off his bed had gotten a small bit easier.

He was pretty happy about that. Soon he'll be able to walk on his own outside his room without help and won't get tired so easily when he did so.

Just a few more weeks and he'll be able to leave.

-