Chapter 26

-

Almost two weeks had passed since Taehyung had been staying with Jeongguk and his mom. He was happy to be living with them but being home all the time made him frustrated. He couldn't do anything cause of the stupid cane. It made everything harder for him. He was stuck on the first floor and he couldn't go out for hours because the cane would start to hurt his hand.

He was just tired of having to have that stupid stick with him everywhere he went. Whether it was from the couch to the kitchen or the kitchen to the table. It was annoying and he hated it.

As much as he hated school before he wouldn't mind going back. He just wanted something to do to occupy himself with.

Eventually, coming to the conclusion that he wasn't working hard enough he decided to push himself over his limit and that's what he did.

Every day during the week he would go to the backyard and walk less than halfway across it with the cane and the rest without it. Even if he got super tired from that and needed to rest he refused to. He was going to make it to the other side of the yard one way or another. He only took a break when he made it back to the cane. Sitting on the floor and catching his breath was his break before he would get up and do it again.

After he did that he would go into the house and to the stairs, he would use as much strength as he could to hoist himself up there as far as he could without his legs abruptly giving out on him. He would sit on one of the steps for a few seconds, not fully catching his breath, and make his way down and then back up.

Eventually, all of his hard work paid off.

-

Ms. Jeon had gone to work and Jeongguk was at school. Taehyung had decided that instead of walking back and forth in the yard first he walked up and down the stairs first.

He only made it halfway before he felt his body grow tired and weak. He refused to take a break and decided to work even harder by moving away from the rail. Standing in the middle of the stairs he forced himself with as much strength and energy as he could muster to make it up the rest of the way.

He laid on the floor panting heavily as he wiped away the sweat that had formed on his forehead. He had finally made it all the way up the stairs. He felt super proud of himself.

Once he fully caught his breath he wanted to try walking down the steps without holding onto the rail and that's what he did but made sure he was close to it just in case he needed to grab it.

He also made the yard walk harder by not using the cane at all by leaving it at the door as he walked back and forth. It was way harder than he thought for his legs forced him to take a break by collapsing on him but did it a second anyways.

The next day while the two were out again, he decided to no use the cane all day.

Once the two were officially gone he made his way over to the door and put his cane in the corner and left it there. It felt so good to not have to use that thing.

He walked around the house happily with a few forced breaks every now and then but he didn't care. He was just excited to not be needing something to use just to walk around.

After a few hours of walking around the house, he decided to go up the stairs no rail what so ever. Not from the start and definitely not to finish.

He walked up and down the stairs almost three full times. On the third time, he laid on the second floor relaxing. He felt very tired and wanted to take a nap. So, of course, he made his way down the stairs without the rail but still very close to it and went over to the couch, plopping down.

Grabbing his pink stuffed bunny he snuggled with it as he went to sleep.

-

Taehyung woke up to the sound of the front door opening. He yawned as he sat up.

"Tae." Jeongguk's voice resonated from the very short small hallway that the door entered to. "Why is your cane over here?" he asked as he made his way over to the couch.

"I didn't want to use it. I don't like it and it's always in the way." he pouted as he tightly hugged the stuffed toy.

Jeongguk sighed before speaking, "I know you hate it but you need it to walk around."

"No I don't." he shook his head.

"Tae."

"No, I refuse to use it now. I've used it long enough." a small 'hmph' sounded from him after he said that. "And in plus," he continued. "I went all day without it. I don't see why I need it now."

Jeongguk was surprised to hear Taehyung tell him that. "You went all day without using it?"

"Yes." he gave a single nod.

"You got tired didn't you?"

"Yes," he replied sounding somewhat sad. "But I did take breaks," he said trying to defend himself. "I only did cause my legs gave out," he mumbled.

"Tae!"

"I know I know!" he freaked out a small bit. "It's bad to stress myself out but please Jeongguk. I don't want to use it anymore. Please, please, please." he begged. "Don't make me use it."

He sighed once again. "Fine. I won't make you use it."

Taehyung's face lit up. "Thank you, thank you!" he hugged the other male.

"Okay, okay." he patted Taehyung's back. "No need to get excited." he laughed. "But don't come crying to me when you scrape a knee."

"Okay, I won't. I promise," he said with a big smile.

Jeongguk couldn't help but laugh. Taehyung was like a small child. It was cute.

-