Chapter 25

-

For the last two weeks, along with practicing with the cane, Taehyung had been working on speaking louder. It was a bit stressful and it hurt after some time. That caused him to get a sore throat but eventually, it didn't hurt to talk normally and his throat had stopped getting sore.

Even he never really knew what his real voice sounded like. He was shocked to hear it at first but was happy none the less. He was finally able to speak up.

-

The boys had no clue about Taehyung being discharged from the hospital. Eunmi had chosen to keep it a secret. To make it a surprise for them. Especially Jeongguk.

They only knew as much as Jeongguk knew. Which was that Taehyung would be leaving the hospital soon but they were super excited, to say the least.

-

Eunmi held some folded clothes as she entered Taehyung's hospital room. "Good afternoon, Taehyung." she smiled sweetly at the boy.

With a smile present on his face as well, he spoke: "Hi, Ms. Jeon."

"I brought some clothes for you." laying the folded clothes onto Taehyung's lap she continued. "They're clothes that Jeongguk doesn't wear anymore so hopefully they'll fit you."

"Thank you so much," he said gratefully.

"It's no problem. Now get changed."

Just before he got up, he thought about having to go home to his father. Now that he thought about it, what did happen to his father? Curiosity filled his head making ask Ms. Jeon "Wait, what about my faith-"

"You don't need to worry about him," she told, her smile not wavering one bit. "He's not important right now. What's important is you need to get changed out of that and into those."

Taehyung didn't bother asking any more questions for he'd only get more curious and confused. So, instead, he did as told and went to get changed.

-

After what seemed like forever to Jeongguk the final bell rang and school was now over for the day. It was a long day at least to him. Maybe it was because he had stayed up late on his phone and he was tired.

Having left his class with his things, he headed down the crowded and loud hallway and outside of the building. He wanted to hang out with the others like he usually did but he had quite a bit of homework. Luckily he wasn't the only one for Namjoon and Jimin did too. So he didn't feel too bad for not being able to hang out with the other three.

Soon enough he made it home. With him being tired and having to walk under the blazing sun, all he wanted to do now was finish his homework and take a nap.

He opened the door and set his backpack on the floor next to the shoe rack where he placed his shoes shortly after taking them off.

Maybe a nap first. He thought to himself as he felt the coolness of the house surround his body.

"Mom, I'm home," he said a bit loudly as he began to enter the living room.