Chapter 27

-

Taehyung was so happy to not have to use the cane at all anymore. He was even able to convince Ms. Jeon to let him not use it anymore. During that he had learned that she is a very stubborn woman but none the less, with good and reasonable reasonings, she can be convinced but of course with some extra effort that is.

-

"Ms. Jeon," Taehyung called as he sat backward in the dining room chair to face the kitchen.

"What is it, sweety?"

"When can I go back to school?"

Ms. Jean was a bit surprised to hear that from Taehyung. Considering he's a teen. "You wanna go back to school?"

"Yeah. It gets lonely when you and Jeongguk are gone and there's not really much for me to do here either."

"I understand but wow I thought I was going to have to force it upon you." she laughed. "if that's what you really want then I'll let you go back."

"Really?!" excitement filled his voice.

"Yes but only if you're able to make it up to those stairs without getting tired halfway."

"if I make it without getting tired you'll let me go back as soon as possible?"

"Yes, I will."

A happy and excited smile formed on his lips. He was going to try his best to do it as fast as possible.

-

Taehyung went up and down the stairs as many times as he could every day for a week and a half.

He really wanted to get out of the house. He wanted to walk around outside and be able to go inside a store for the first time. To see inside a mall. He wanted to do things everyone does on a daily basis or for fun with friends.

After another week he had finally been able to make it all the way upstairs without getting tired and going down was a breeze.

-

Taehyung laid in bed, unable to fall asleep. He stared up at the ceiling thinking.

Maybe going back was a bad idea.

What if I'm treated the same?

What if they hit me again?

I shouldn't go.

I can just do school online.

It'll be easier but I already said I wanted to go.

Why did I say that when online was a choice?

Thoughts just kept running through his mind. He felt so nervous and there was no turning back now for his first day back is tomorrow.

He groaned as he rolled onto his side cuddling the toy. It was already 10 and he needed to sleep. Doing his best to stop the recurring thought, he laid with his eyes closed, eventually falling asleep.

-

Taehyung woke up from a nightmare panting and sweating.

He had learned a few weeks ago that whenever he was stressed or frustrated throughout the day, he would have nightmares later that night. The more stressed and frustrated he was the worse the nightmare would be.

Just the thought of going back to the same school he had hated stressed him out.

Feeling upset and not wanting to be alone, he got up, off his bed and exited the room entering the hallway. Quietly he opened the door, that sat not too far from his and entered it. He made his way over to the bed.

"Gguk-ie," he whispered as he shook the other.

Jeongguk woke up, still half asleep, he quickly looked at his clock that read 12:03 and looked to the other side to see who was walking him up so early.

"Again?" he asked once he saw that it was the other male.

Taehyung nodded in reply.

"Come on." He moved over, making room for the other and lifting his blanket.

Taehyung grabbed the blanket and covered himself as he moved onto the bed next to Jeongguk cuddling up to him.

Jeongguk threw his arm over Taehyung, wrapping it around him as his other hand messed with his hair to calm him down.

It didn't take long for Taehyung to fall back asleep. He always felt safe and protected when he was near Jeongguk. Especially when he was upset or scared over something like a bad dream or an attack.

-

Jeongguk threw his arm over, shutting off his alarm. He sighed as he lazily rubbed his eyes. Looking over to his side, Taehyung was still asleep with his head resting on his arm with his own arm thrown over Jeongguk.

He really wanted to sleep longer. Especially after seeing how cute Taehyung looked cuddling up to him but sadly the weekend ended and it was time for school.

"Tae, it's time to get up." he lightly shook the other.

The said boy groaned and rolled onto his other side before drowsily sitting up. "I wanna sleep more."

"I do too but we gotta get dressed." he got up.

-

"Gguk-ie, I'm nervous," Taehyung said, his voice coming out more like a whisper. "I feel dizzy."

"Relax, Tae. Relax." he rubbed Taehyung's back to soothe him. "Just remember to relax, okay?"

Taehyung took a deep breath and nodded in reply. "Okay," he said.

"Let's go." he continued walking with Taehyung following.

Taehyung stuck very close to the other, gripping the bottom of Jeongguk's shirt just in case for people were looking at them. He could see that a few of them began to whisper to each other.

Doing his best to ignore them, they entered the building. Them entering sparked more glances and whispers from the students around them.

He was only able to hear a small few and seemed like no one recognized him.

Considering no one has seen him in so long, the thought of him having moved is probably what had filled all their heads. His look was completely different from before. He had gained a good amount of weight making his face rounder and cheeks chubbier. He tanned quite a bit from being outside so much and his clothes no longer were old and worn out looking.

He seemed like a completely different person to them.

-