The Only Non-Consistent Thing In My Life

A week goes by, everything's still the same. Miroku still going on with his job, I help Sango take care of the kids along with Shippo. At night, I would help Sango prepare dinner. The week goes by smoothly, and I would say in a way it's seems a bit robotic,  since everyday is technically the same routines. It can't be helped, but at night Sango, Miroku, Shippo and I would have a nice conversation over tea. Then when they all head to bed, I'd go to the fields to practice my koto. Lady Kaede, Kagome, Rin, and Inuyasha are still on their assigment in that village. They should be back around next week. Yet it seem so far away for some reason to me, maybe because everyday is almost the same without any drastic changes. Not that I don't like the village, I love it, I love everyone, I love everything here. It's like a second home, a second family. Yet, I feel like there could be more, since it's still winter I have to stay for about another a month or so before I can leave. When the snow melts away that is when I shall continue on with my journey. Now that I've grown attached to everyone and this village, I find it hard to leave this place when the times comes. One day, I wake up as usual, wash up, braid my hair and go greet Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and the kids. After Breakfast, Miroku goes out to do his demon exterminating job. Sango and I walk around the village to see if anyone need any help, Shippo stays with the kids. The morning went by, Sango helped the women in the village with some tasks that they can't accomplish, I visited the elders and kept them companied with my koto. The afternoon comes by and Sango comes to find me after the kids had their afternoon nap. Shippo is busy taking care of the twins as Sango holds her son.

"Hey Sango, are you all heading off somewhere?" I ask her.

"Yea, the kids wants to go out in the plains to play for a few hours, I'm taking Shippo with me to help me babysit. Thought I would come by and let you know." She says with a smile.

"Oh I see, you sure you don't need me to go?" I ask her seeing the twins and Shippo poking each other.

"We'll be fine, the girls should be old enough to not cause havoc, Shippo's coming along. You should stay here and rest a bit, have some alone time with your koto playing." She says.

"Thanks Sango, I think I'll take this time to go for a walk in the fields, I don't think I have seen the flower field in the sunlight ever since coming here. Being a mother is a handful isn't it? But I have to say your girls and baby boy are growing up beautifully, you should be really proud of them." I say with a smile to the twins.

"Tell me about it, Miroku's planning on having more in the future. You should definitely go to the field in the afternoon, it's beautiful there." Sango whispers.

We look at each other and burst out laughing. Then not far away from us, two men are talking to one another.

"I saw the great demon Sesshomaru fly overhead a little while ago." One of them says.

Sango turns back to look at me with a curious expression.

"Wonder why Sesshomaru is here, Rin's not in the village, does he not know that? If I remember when Rin's out on a particular day in the past I never heard of him dropping by."  Sango says.

"Really? Hm, I told him that last time I saw him that Rin won't be back till next week." I say without thinking.

"Oh, you talked with Sesshomaru? I didn't know you two talked to each other." Sango says with wide eyes.

"Oh.. yea, it's only twice, it's when he comes visit Rin that I see him resting in the fields when I go there at night. I'm the one that does most of the talking, but I think I'm making some progress? Talking to a great demon isn't easy, it's a bit nerve wracking. I guess telling him my thanks for saving me that day was a decent start." I say shyly.