Rin Returns With New Found Feelings

Another week goes by, a new month begins. Winter grows shorter with each day. Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and I have taken very good care of the village with the absence of Lady Kaede, Kagome, Rin, and Inuyasha. Tomorrow, is the day that they come back, it's been a long time. That night, I go to the field and sit in the middle of the field. I sit and play my koto and breathe in the fresh winter air. After playing for a little while, I put aside my koto. I bring my knees to my chest and incase my legs within my arms. I look around the field, it's so quiet, so serene. Although it's peaceful and quiet, it feels incomplete in my mind.

"He only comes here after he visits Rin, he comes here to rest and enjoy the scenery at night. Although we talk, I feel as if I'm a nuisance to him. Well.... with the exception of Rin, he finds the human race irritating. Maybe I should stop bothering him soon, besides... I'm leaving in a month when winter officially ends, I should start trying to distance myself from him gradually before I leave." I say to myself looking up at the moon.

I take a deep breath, closes my eyes and rest my chin on my knees. The wind gently blows across the vast field. Everything is completely silent now except the sound of the wind. Thoughts and feelings run wildly in my mind, after a while I open my eyes slowly and look up at the moon with a small smile.

"He says bring the koto with me the next time that we meet. I would like to think that those words mean that he doesn't hate me. Or maybe I just want to believe what I want to. Regardless, I want to make the rest of this winter a nice one." I say to myself with a smile.

The wind lightly blows stronger a little and then tones down. Telling me that I should probably head back. I grab my koto and head back to the village. The moon Illuminates the dark land for a few hours more, then moves across the sky to give the rising sun a chance to shine. The next morning arrives, I wake up early to prepare everything for the return of Inuyasha, Lady Kaede, Kagome and Rin. The sun has just risen, Sango and Miroku are still sleeping, the whole village is. I prepared breakfast for them and the kids before they wake up. Inuyasha and the others are coming back after breakfast.

"________? You're up early? When did you wake up?" Sango says carrying her son with her into the tent.

"Oh, good morning Sango, you're awake? Ya I woke up early so I can prepare for Lady Kaede and the other's return. I don't think it has been too long since I woke up." I say setting a plate of bread onto the table.

"Not long? Haha_________, everyone's up and about already. Thanks for preparing breakfast for us." Miroku says laughing coming in with the twins and Shippo.

"Morning Miroku, Shippo, girls. Oh... I suppose I lost track of time. Please sit down." I say waving to the twin girls that I've grown attached too and Shippo who waves back at me with a big smile.

"Wish I can wake up early like you and helped you out__________." Sango says with a sigh.

"No need, everyday is tiring for you. Take it easy." I say with a smile.

We all sit down and enjoy our breakfast together. Then we went about our day until it's almost lunch time.

"Lady Kaede and the others are back!" I heard the villagers shout.

I head out of my hut and met up with Sango and Shippo, Miroku had to go out to work. We met up with them at the entrance to the village, Inuyasha with his arms crossed in front of him with his Tessaiga on his hip. Kagome is walking beside him looking young and youthful as ever, her bow on her back. Lady Kaede is in the front with her bow on her back, Rin is walking beside her with a big smile on her face. She is glowing with that smile.

"Welcome back Lady Kaede, Kagome, Inuyasha, and Rin." Sango and I said welcoming them home.

"It's good to be back, Sango,___________, Shippo." Kagome says giving us all a hug.