A Request From A Friend

I turn to look back at him, he's still leaning against A-Un. He's looking at the ground in front of him, his facial expression plain as ever. He looks troubled that he told me his feelings for Rin. I show a small smile knowing that for a demon like him to show human emotions is tainting his very being, but he told me regardless.

"I figured out as much, when she was younger I assume that you only looked at her as a companion like Master Jaken and A-Un. Then as time gradually went by, you begin to care for her more and more, you became her guardian. Now that she has grown into a young woman, those feelings changed into romantic ones. Love is a beautiful thing, don't push it away fearing that it will taint you somehow. Don't deny them when you come to terms with those feelings, because it will hurt you in the long run, you'll feel regret. Love is a strong emotion Lord Sesshomaru. Feeling it for the first time can be frightening, because you don't know what it really is. It can be seen as caring, admiration or curiosity, but in time it will all eventually come out as love. All those gifts that you've sent to Rin, from kimonos, to hairpins to bracelets. They're becoming items that grown women would eventually wear, instead of giving her items that does half of the job, go tell her face to face." I say gently to him while holding tightly to my koto.

Sesshomaru's eyes wonders around the ground, the action is telling me that he listened to me and is thinking hard about something. All the while keeping an expressionless face. I smiled under the moon.

"I'm glad that you finally opened up to me a little, I know you dislike humans with the exception of Rin, but hearing you tell me your inner most feelings to me is an honour to be honest. I'm happy that I can tell you how to confront those feelings from a woman's point of view. So please, give those feelings some thoughts and take a hold on that chance." I say to him.

He glances at me, turning his head slightly. I gave him one last smile and turned away from him. I left him in the fields to his thoughts, I walk back to the village. I entered the village and Kagome is outside looking around, when she sees me she runs up to me.

"There you are_________, come on let's eat dinner. We're all waiting for you." Kagome says taking my hand.

"Oh uh sure, sorry I lost track of time." I say with a smile.

Kagome leads me to the hut, everyone's sitting around the table. I sit down between Kagome and Sango, then we start eating. Everyone's talking but I'm lost in my thoughts. We eventually finished dinner, and Lady Kaede brings out the tea table. I get up and pick up my koto.

"Where are you going________? Are you not having tea tonight?" Sango asks me.

"No not tonight, I'm a little tired so I'll turn in. You guys take your time." I say with a smile.

"You must be tired, Sango told us that you woke up quite early today. You should get some rest then, you don't need to wake up so early tomorrow alright?" Kagome says.

"Ya, thanks. Good night." I say with a wave and exit the hut.

I walk back to my hut and put down my koto. I blow out my candle and sit down on my futon. I bring my knees to my chest and rest my chin on them. I look out the window of the hut, and without knowing tears form in my eyes. My heart aches as I remember those 3 words that came out of Sesshomaru's mouth. Words that wasn't directed towards me but to someone else. I bury my face between my knees and let my tears run down my face, I let my emotions loose and let out my sorrow through my tears.

"You have to be happy for Rin, remember what you've said? Rin deserves all the happiness in this world. Don't be selfish, let those thoughts of love for Sesshomaru go and be happy for him to have fallen in love with a human. It's must've been hard for him to do so, you should be happy. Be happy for Rin, be happy for Sesshomaru." I thought to myself.