An Endless Journey Towards Our Future

Inuyasha, Sesshomaru, and I finally arrive back to Lady Kaede's village, it's close to midnight now. When we enter into the village, I see Shippo outside jumping up and down shouting.

"They're back! Sango! Kagome! Miroku! ___________'s back!" Shippo yells.

A few seconds later, Miroku and the others comes running out of the big hut. Sango and Kagome's eyes lit up when they see me. They all come running up to the three of us. I let go of Sesshomaru's hand and Kagome and Sango hugs me tightly.

"___________! We were looking all over for you! We were so worried! Your clothes is a mess! Thank goodness you're alright! Are you hurt? Injured?" Sango asks me.

"I'm fine, don't worry. Thanks for trying to find me everyone, I'm sorry for worrying you." I say to them.

"Why are you apologizing for_________? Situations like this isn't something that neither you or we can control. It's been years since a demon has attacked around this area, so it was completely unexpected. We're just really glad you're safe now. We're sorry we couldn't do much, but thank goodness that Inuyasha and Sesshomaru saved you in time." Kagome says taking my hand.

"I thought you weren't coming back until another few days Sesshomaru." Miroku asks.

"I finished the negotiations early, so I returned as soon as I could." Sesshomaru answers flatly.

They all nod.

"Wasn't Suikyu with you guys? Where is he?" Sango asks.

"Suikyu is actually a demon, he's not going to be returning for a while, he went home. He helped us save_________ before leaving." Inuyasha answers.

"Suikyu is a demon?! That's so unexpected! He was able to conceal his true form. That's such a shame... wish he could've stopped by before he left, we want to thank him for saving_________." Miroku says.

I look at Sesshomaru, and he glances at me.
Inuyasha notices and steps in.

"Suikyu has some things he has to take care of, it's a bit of a personal issue. He told us to give his thanks to you guys for the hospitality for the past few weeks." Inuyasha says.

Kagome, Sango, and Miroku nods in understanding.

"I know it's late, but you must be starving_________. Do you want to eat something? I'll make something for you." Kagome says.

I look at Sesshomaru and he looks at me again, I smile and take his hand. He gently squeezes my hand back, I turn and face Kagome.

"Thanks Kagome, but I'll be fine. I'll take you up on that offer in the morning though." I say to her with a smile.

"Take a warm bath before heading to bed, you will rest better." Sango says.

"I will, thanks Sango." I reply to her.

"Alright, we've all been pretty stressed these past 2 days, thank goodness things turned out alright. Let's get some rest then." Miroku says.

We all agree, Kagome takes Inuyasha's hand and Miroku with Sango's. We bid each other goodnight and head back to our respective homes, Sesshomaru and I walk quietly back to our house. I open the door and walk in, Sesshomaru follows behind me. I grab my night wear and I turn to Sesshomaru.

"I'm going to go take a bath, I'll be back soon. Get some rest Sesshomaru, you had a long travel." I say to him with a smile.

"I don't need to rest, how can I rest knowing that you were in danger mere hours ago." Sesshomaru says touching my cheek.

"I'm here aren't I? Don't worry, I'm fine now. I'll be back soon." I say to him.

I kiss him on the cheek and I head out of the house, Sesshomaru watches me as I head out. I close the door behind me and head to the bathhouse. I close the door behind me, and the warm steam of the bathhouse surrounds me, making me feel safe and comfortable. I remove my tattered kimono and I step into the bathhouse, the warmth of the hot water submerges my tired body. I lean my head against the edge, and close my eyes. I let my mind drift free for a little while, I'm keeping in mind that I shouldn't stay in here too long. I look at the clear warm water, the steam gently drifting into the thick air. I grab a cloth and wash my body, the sensation is soothing. When the cloth reaches my stomach, I place it there. I smile.