A Promise Made To Life

I feel a cool breeze on my bare back, I open my eyes slowly still drowsy. It's still slightly dark, but the sun is slowly rising beyond the horizon. Dawn is coming. I'm laying on my stomach, my bare back faces the sky. I look in front of me and I see Sesshomaru laying on his back, his head is turned slightly towards my side. His eyes are closed, the magenta stripes on his eyelids are so define and elegant. The magenta stripes on his cheeks gives his face that elegant look, and of course the crescent moon on his forehead is perfect. His bangs lightly covers his forehead. His bare fair muscular chest rising and falling lightly as he sleeps. The blanket covering both of our lower half, Sesshomaru's bundle of fur lay underneath us acting as our pillow. His pure white hair and my black one lay around his, our clothes discarded lightly around. I gently gaze at Sesshomaru, the memories of a few hours ago comes back to me beautifully. Sesshomaru and I made love, and in that moment I couldn't be any happier. I gently lift my hand to his bangs, I lightly brush aside the silk like hair of his to reveal his forehead. His face looks so calm, I know I've seen his calm face countless of times but I don't really think they were actually... calm. But at this moment, he looks truly at peace. I gently place my index finger onto his forehead and slowly trace down his tall nose bridge, he slightly furrows his brows a little at the sudden touch. I smile at his reaction, I then retreat my finger and I slowly sit up. I pull the blanket up and use it to cover my chest, the sky is slowly becoming brighter. My hair falls behind my back, I look at the horizon, the cool morning air brushes against my arm. Now that we confessed our love and gave ourselves to each other, should it be time for us to...

"You seem to be deep in thought." A monotone voice cuts through my thoughts.

I turn to the side to look at Sesshomaru, he slowly opens his eyes and his golden amber eyes looks up at me.

"Good morning, my love." I say to him with a smile.

Sesshomaru gives a surprising look and sits up slowly, he also looks up at the sunrise.

"My love?" What happened to calling my name?" Sesshomaru asks me.

"You don't like it? If you don't like it I can go back to calling you Sesshomaru or even Lord Sesshomaru." I tell him.

"Up to you to decide, but I do have to say hearing my name from you now sounds a bit distant." He says with a the slightest smile.

"Alright, guess I'll just stick with that." I reply and I turn to look at the sky again.

I return to my thoughts again. I suppose Sesshomaru noticed.

"So what is on your mind?" He asks me again.

My smile slowly becomes neutral.

"I've been thinking... although you're a daiyokai, but you're also of noble status in the demon world. But regardless of being a demon or not, you are of noble status. Don't you feel regretful or shameful of doing something like this with me when we're not even married? Doesn't that taint your pride in any way?" I ask him.

Sesshomaru looks at me, his brows slightly furrowed.

"Being of noble status does not apply in situations like this, it's not important to me. Although it is deemed inappropriate for two people to consummate before marriage in this time era, but in the demon world, I would like to make my own rules. But, if it pleases you and make you feel at ease, then you want us to be married?" He asks me looking at me with golden amber eyes.

"Are you sure this is what you really want Sesshomaru? Won't you mind marrying a human like me?" I ask him searching his eyes.

"I've told you before___________, I fell in love with a human, we gave ourselves to each other, I wouldn't mind marrying a human at this point. Only if it's you." Sesshomaru says.