A Confession With A Demon Who Knows Love

I wake up to a sudden sharp pain on my back, As I open my eyes slowly I feel cold and I'm sweating.

"Oh___________, you're awake! How are you feeling?" A familiar voice asks me.

"Kagome?" I ask with a hourse voice.

"Hey_________, thank goodness." She says with relief in her voice.

My memories seem to have faded away of the attack and after the attack. I'm lying on my stomach on a futon which I assume is my room back in the village, my long hair is neatly brushed to the side of my body. A few candles lights the room, so I assume it's night time. My kimono has been removed from my body so I'm bare, a blanket covers my legs up to my lower back, leaving my upper back exposed. Kagome was in the middle of treating my wound on my back when I woke up. I shivered a little feeling cold and I bring my bare arms closer to my body, Kagome notices and pulls the blanket up just a little bit higher.

"I just finished disinfecting your wound for the night, it's definitely going to leave a long scar on your back when it completely heals." She says with a sigh.

"Thanks Kagome, I'm just happy that I'm still alive." I say while looking at the wall since I couldn't turn onto my side.

"You had a fever after returning back here, luckily it broke but now you have a cold. Try not to move so much because the ointment is still wet on your back." Kagome says to me.

"Thanks, how long was I out for?" I ask her.

"About 2 days, we were all worried about you. Sango's twins were crying when they saw you." Kagome says with a sad tone in her voice.

"Please tell them I'm sorry for worrying them, but I'll be fine now." I say to her.

"I will, I know it's pretty late but are you hungry by any chance? If you are I'll make something for you." Kagome offered.

"No, I'm good thank you Kagome, you guys must've been tired for taking care of me. You should go rest, thank you for taking care of me." I say.

"Alright, if you do get hungry, just try to hold on till morning alright. The worst part is over for you, get lots of rest and nurse your cold. Sango will come tomorrow morning with breakfast." Kagome says giving my hand a gentle squeeze.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. Goodnight." I say squeezing her hand back.

"Good night________. We will see you tomorrow." Kagome says and gets up heading towards the door.

"Hey Kagome, who brought me back here?" I ask her.

"Sesshomaru did, he handed you to us when morning came and then he left. He must've ran all night to get you back here. Looks like your bond is closer than it seems___________." Kagome says with a smile.

"Oh.... I see." I say quietly.

"Night." She says and blows out the candles and exit the hut.

The room is dark now since the candles has been extinguished, the only light is from the moonlight shining through giving the room a dim silver wash. The cool air fills the room brushing against my bare back. I close my eyes and thoughts begin to emerge itself into my mind, thoughts of Sesshomaru. I close my eyes and try to go to sleep, but the thoughts are preventing me from closing off my consciousness. About half an hour has passed and I'm slowly falling asleep, when the curtain of the hut shuffles lightly. The sound draws me back into reality once again, I open my eyes slowly and look at the wall, a tall and lean shadow is imprinted on it. A gentle wind blows and the shadow moves, my heart begins to beat faster, not knowing what or who it is. I close my eyes and try to block off the thoughts and accept what comes next that fate has decided for me. I can hear soft footsteps coming closer to me, it then stops beside me on my right. I can't see them because my head is faced towards the left, I try to steady my breathing so it seem like I'm sleeping. The figure then sits down quietly beside me and everything goes quiet, I can hear my own heartbeat and the soft breathing of the person. The fear overwhelms me and I shut my eyes tightly, a drop of my tears slides down my face. Then I can feel the person leaning over a little and an arm looms over me and comes down towards my face. I hold my breath not knowing what is about to happen, but then what the person does next surprises me. I feel cool skin against my cheek, smooth and cool fingers gently brushes my cheek and wipes away the area where my tears slid down. I open my eyes slowly and I see the person's porcelain skin in front of me, the tips of their slim fingers ending in sharp long nails. I can feel cool silk on my bare back as their arm is hovering over me. They then retreats their arm back and I see the walls once again, I can feel them leaning back. I let go of my breath slowly as I figured out who he is. He stayed beside me for minutes in the hut, he watches over me and eventually, I fell asleep. His warmth beside me kept me warm as I'm down with a cold. No words were said, just silence in the room and our steady breathing. Although I can't see him, Sesshomaru watched over me the whole night. When I open my eyes the sun has come up and the room is filled with the morning sunlight, I don't feel any prescence on my right side anymore, I suppose Sesshomaru left sometimes in the middle of the night. I know that winter has ended because the air is becoming slightly warmer. I try to get up by propping my arms up, I can feel the wound on my back has become slightly hard. It's beginning to scab up.