Something To Call Mine

Sango's twins comes running up to me and I stop in front of them, I kneel down and I hug the two of them.

"I miss you guys so much, I hope you two have been well." I say to them.

"We've been well________! We were waiting here forever for your arrival!" The twins say.

"You did? Thank you so much for the warm welcome girls." I say to them giving them each a kiss on the cheek.

"It's good to have you finally back here, and to have you live here." Sango says stopping in front of me.

"Sango, it's great to see you again, and everyone else." I say standing up and giving her a hug.

"Welcome back__________, or should I say big sister-in-law." Kagome says with a big smile.

I'm surprised by her sudden address, I turn to look at Sesshomaru. He has his eyes closed and he let out a low groan with a slight furrowed brow. I smile at his reaction and I give Kagome a hug.

"Looks like Sesshomaru didn't just tell you guys about our arrival but including our love and marriage. I'm glad to be back." I say to her with a big smile.

I greet Lady Kaede, Miroku, and Inuyasha. Shippo soon joins in and I give him a warm hug as he's still adorable as a little fox demon can be. The group greet Sesshomaru as well, Sesshomaru seem to tolerate Inuyasha quite a bit even though Inuyasha says some things that you expect from siblings. I smile at their somewhat hostile rivalry but close communication, you can see Sesshomaru's annoyance towards Inuyasha but you can also see him being less cold towards his younger half brother. Guess the time spent with me and the love has allowed his heart to soften drastically.

"Come, we've prepared a big dinner for you, see it as a wedding feast or some sort. A celebration and a gift from us to you and Sesshomaru." Lady Kaede says.

"We'd love that, thank you so much." I thank them with a bow.

"How about joining the dinner Sesshomaru? We know you don't eat human food but you should at least join this feast since you were one of the reasons why." Inuyasha says with his arm folded and with a slight grin on his face.

I look at Sesshomaru beside me and I can see him closing his eyes again and the furrow in his brows appearing, you can almost just feel the annoyance radiating off his body. I give Kagome a look and with eye contacts, we let out a small smile to one another. I take Sesshomaru's hand into mine and I can feel his annoyance gradually diluting. Kagome on the other hand, smacks Inuyasha on the arm with a medium force to her hit.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Inuyasha shouts and his cute dog ears twitches.

"Stop pestering Sesshomaru Inuyasha, I'm surprised he haven't smacked you yet." Kagome scolds him.

I gently squeeze Sesshomaru's hand hoping that he can tone down the situation a little, because I know it'll be best if he ends this "friendly" sibling quarrel.

"Since it's a wedding feast, I'll be happy to join." Sesshomaru says after regaining his composure.

He then gives my hand a gentle squeeze, I appreciate that he did it for me. Kagome slaps Inuyasha on the arm again, then she turns back to us with a big smile.

"Shall we go? It's getting late too, after dinner we'll show you and Sesshomaru your house, rest early, you two must be tired." Lady Kaede says.

"Thank you Lady Kaede." I say giving her a smile.

I gently pull Sesshomaru's hand and he walks beside me. We arrive outside of the familiar hut that we eat in and have tea in months before. It's been months indeed, the house has been rebuilt making it look more stable and grand, in fact, mostly all of the houses in the village has been rebuilt. The village looks wonderful. Sesshomaru and I follow after them into the house, a bigger table is set in the middle of the room, mats neatly set on the ground around it. Plates of food were set on the table, it looks lavishing. Lady Kaede sits down first, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, the twins and their son sits down next, Sesshomaru and I sit down after them, and then Inuyasha and Kagome. Inuyasha sits across from Sesshomaru, Kagome across from me.