Another Scar To The Imperfection

The morning rises again just like every day despite the good or bad. Inuyasha, Miroku, and Suikyu are up and ready to set out on their two day exorcise job. Sango, Kagome, and I are out to see them off we packed them some essentials for the trip.

"Stay safe you guys, watch out for them Inuyasha." Kagome says.

"Who do you think I am? I'm not a selfish jerk." Inuyasha says crossing his arm.

Kagome furrows her brows and glares at him. Sango and I hold in our laugh. Miroku pats Inuyasha on the back.

"We'll be going then, you guys look out for each other these few days." Miroku says.

"Don't worry we'll be fine, you guys do a good job, and don't tire yourselves out." Sango says.

"We'll try our best, I can probably learn a few things or two." Suikyu says with a smile.

"Maybe you will, it's been a while since you went somewhere far. Take care alright." I tell him patting him on the back.

Suikyu and I give each other a friendly smile. For some reason, Suikyu's expression looks kind of solemn. Well I guess not being able to talk for 4 days will be kind of dull, but time flies. We bid them farewell and they set off, the morning sun now hangs bright in the sky. The day carries on like usual, I help Sango take care of her kids with Shippo, help Kagome and Lady Kaede with the fields and food. Nothing interesting, but it's serene in that way. Guess I'm by myself at night for a few days with my koto. Before I know it, half the day has gone by. I helped them set up dinner, the 4 of us enjoyed a peaceul dinner with the kids and Shippo.

"I think it's been a while since it was just us having dinner. Girls' night!" Kagome shouts.

"Hey what about me? I'm not a girl!" Shippo shouts back pouting.

"Oops sorry about that Shippo." Kagome laughs.

We burst out laughing. It was a fun dinner, we talked and laughed and had fun. We enjoyed a nice tea time, Sango put the girls and her son to sleep. The dark night keeping the night quiet. After tea time, Lady Kaede turns in while Kagome and I clean up the table.

"Hey you want to go for a walk?" Kagome asks me.

"Ya sure." I reply back with a smile.

The two of us take a night stroll to the flower field that is so dear to me. We sit down on the soft grass that is washed with blue and gray. Kagome takes a deep breath of the fresh night air. Her black bangs gently swaying in the caressing breeze.

"It's been a long time since I've been here. I almost forgot this place even existed." Kagome says.

"This place does have a distance from the village, it's not a surprise that we tend to forget a place that we don't visit often." I say.

"You're right. Say, how've you been lately? You doing fine without Sesshomaru?" Kagome asks.

"Well, I'm here aren't I? It was very difficult at first but I know he's far away, and wishing for him to come back isn't going to happen. So dealing with it is the only way, thinking of him is enough to get me through the day. Have you ever been far away from Inuyasha before?" I ask her.

"Longing for someone and keeping them in your thoughts does seem like enough when you're miles away." Kagome says.

"Miles?" I ask her confused of the word.

"Oh haha sorry, modern day term. Have I been away from Inuyasha... of course I have. Years actually. I was away from him for 3 years. Those times were hard and painful, but it was my longing for him that I finally got to see him again. And now here I am, married to Inuyasha and a learning priest." Kagome says.