13 ★ MOVING IN DAY

❝ MOVING IN DAY. ❞

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN.

The next day, an odd atmosphere settled along the ground wherever the group of five walked. With the orders of a borderline stranger they were forced to move into a borderline foreign building, solidifying the fact and engraining it into their brains that this was no longer a fun little road trip with their closest friends.

"Everyone got everything?" Rowan questioned as Finn looked over the now empty seats. They all nodded, one trip possible because of the bit of strength they had built up through the course of their training. A nipping breeze blew by, causing hair of various colors to fly about, and reminding the five that fall was approaching. "Leave the snacks in here for now."

"Finn, I think your van will be best stored in the hangar of your Lion," Coran offered, smiling in their direction.

Finn nodded in agreement, glancing over to the Red Paladin. "Yeah, of course. Lia'll help me with that when we get all settled into our rooms."

"Thalia and Chayse can lead you to your rooms," Allura informed. A battle suit adorned her body instead of the dress they had stumbled across her in. It was if she had been inverted, her constant scowl replaced with a neutral expression. "I will give you about half a varga to get as much done in your rooms as possible, before we move onto other tasks."

A groan or two of irritation slipped out from some certain people (Lia), but they all complied once again as they headed off to where they would be laying their heads to rest that point on.

"Are the beds at least comfortable?" Miles questioned.

"Anything has to be better than sleeping in Crusty," Finn reminded, throwing him a quick smile. Rowan's joints cracked just then, causing the other four to giggle.

"Oh, they're funky alright," Lia hummed. She had slept in the Castle just about as long as Chayse, speaking for the both of them. "But, like, the good funky."

"The beds kind of like adjust to your body, like it knows," Chayse explained. "But I still fell on my ass yesterday."

"Watching the pool episode?" Miles snickered, and the duo cackled at the inside joke.

The five close friends continued jesting as the Yellow and Red Paladins led them through the large and winding corridors, until they finally slowed to a stop in front of a cluster of doors. They placed their luggage down in a pile, Lia pointing to whose room was which.

"Rowan's is all the way on the left, and then it's me, Finn, Miles, and Chayse– in that order."

They immediately set to work, making the bare walls feel as homey as possible. Lia helped lift heavy objects, and Chayse simply sat in Miles' room, watching him in boredom.

"So was with those shifty eyes before we turned that last corner?" He pried from her, and she shrugged.

"What shifty eyes?"

"What's in those rooms?"

"Oh, shit, those?" Chayse scoffed, standing up. She pulled her black shorts down from where they had rode up, and began walking out the door. The other three were lounging around in the hall, proud grins covering their faces. "It's- uh, it's a bit awkward."

"What's awkward?" Rowan raised an eyebrow. Chayse's face became warm, hooking a strand of dirty blonde hair behind her right ear.

"Around the corner is where the Paladins before us slept... all their shit is still in there and everything." They all went silent, mortified at the mere thought of it.

"Why would she put as that close?"

"I have your food!" Five high-pitched screams filled the immediate vicinity at the sudden appearance of Princess Allura, smirking lightly. "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. Thalia, Finn– Coran is ready to move your transportation device." Allura held up her hands, showing the five plastic bags in her hand. "Chayse, Rowan, Miles– we can make our way to the kitchen and put away the last of your Earth delicacies."

The last three mentioned stood slowly, a bit dazed, walking off with the alien as if they were zombies. Finn sighed, turning to Lia. "I suppose we should get to Coran, huh?"

The Christmas-colored Paladins did just that, Finn taking charge as they hurriedly made their way to the entrance of the Castle. Outside, the wind had died down. The sun was shining down on the planet once again, beckoning out the birds with its heat.

"How do you start this?" Coran inquired curiously, staring at the van. Tweetie sat at his feet, stitched to the man's side ever since he had feed him the day before.

"The keys might help," Lia snorted. She slipped them out of her pocket, before sliding into the driver's seat.

"You can take shotgun, Coran. I'll be the backseat driver for today."

"Shotgun?" The ginger responded to Finn's offer. They pointed to the seat next to Lia's, and he let out a small 'oh.' He slid himself in awkwardly, arms wrapped securely around Tweetie. After making sure all doors were shut, Finn hopped in themself. They quickly buckled themself up, despite the fact that Coran and Lia made no move to.

"How are we doing this, fellas?" Lia put forth as she adjusted the rearview mirror. "Isn't the only way to the Green Lion's hangar through the hallways?"

"Yes, it should be fine!" Coran encouraged.

"If the alien dude says so, then it must be true," the 16 year old shrugged, before putting the vehicle in drive and releasing the brake.

"Oh jeez," Finn cringed as the rubber tires squelched along the pristine white floors. The 18 year old was glad that it was a tight fit, otherwise Lia would have floored it. Each turn was tedious, Coran having to step out each time and guide the driver. Tweetie eventually moved to the back, comforting Finn.

Later rather than sooner, the quartet made it to the hangar of the Green Lion. It was a cramped space, Coran having to push aside tools and projects of the previous Green Paladin. He told Lia to park in a corner where the van could sit and collect dust for the time being.

"Oh hell!" Lia shouted as she accidentally drove forwards instead of the opposite direction like desired, the fender hitting against the paw of the Green Lion. Finn heard a deep growl in their mind, and quickly sent their apologies back.

"Careful!" Finn scolded. Lia huffed, actually putting Crusty in reverse this time.

"I wonder what's take the others so long," she grumbled as Coran's manmade beeping could be heard from outside the window.

In the kitchen, Allura bit into her third Slim Jim, humming happily as the three humans continued to introduce her to their foods.

★★★
a little bit too fast paced for me, but ig its alright because its a filler chapter anyways. didnt proofread but will later yeehaw 🤙🤙

this chapter is dedicated to finn . i just wanted to say thank you for always being there for me, giving me good advice and all that pizazz. you're truly a great person and im glad to have seen you grown through names and pronouns, and i cant wait for the years to come 💖💖✨💞💞💞💚💚💚