18 ★ BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA

❝ BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA. ❞

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

"You guys should be training at the moment." The five craned their necks to see the Princess, who stood above the sunken couches in the lounge with her battle suit on and her eyebrows drawn together.

She eyed the various blankets and pillows that were draped over the steel benches in order to make the seats more comfortable. She had at first denied their advances to customize little bits of the castle like that, claiming that it was perfect and functional the way it was built.

Miles had of course told her, 'This castle is so ugly that if I smeared my shit across the walls it would look better.' The pure shock that statement had caused made her say yes.

That was two weeks ago.

"We had morning training today," Lia responded to the alien without looking away from her phone. As if to prove her point she gestured down to the athletic shorts she wore.

Allura narrowed her eyes. "It's a very humid day so I don't see you wearing anything else in the first place. Plus, half of you never wake up before noon."

"That's none of your business," Chayse snarked. She had her head laying in Rowan's lap and her feet slung over the back of the couch she sat on. Allura huffed at that, knowing she was always the first to deny a workout.

"It very much is—"

Miles cut her off by turning the volume on his phone up all the way, blaring a video that Lia had just sent him through Instagram. Finn chuckled and waved the woman over, patting the empty spot beside them.

"How about you just sit, Princess? Coran said he's making us a snack after he feeds Tweetie." The Green Paladin smiled kindly. It was a closed lip smile, and the way their eyes shut with it exuded some sort of threatening aura the Altean was not yet used to. It seemed to say 'If you don't sit down right now I'm going to have to call my mom and apologize for forgetting my manners.'

And so she did, walking carefully down the steps and glancing to each of the idle teens. Finn scoot away from her as she sat down before they turned back to their own activities.

Allura, back stiff and hands wrung together, glanced around to the five of them. Miles, Lia, and Finn sat silently on their phones, laughing shortly every few minutes at a meme or loud video. Once in awhile Lia would casually smack Miles or Miles would casually tilt his iPhone in Finn's direction.

Across from her, Chayse and Rowan were having a conversation between themselves. They seemed to be deep into the topic, the former waving her hands around and the latter shaking his head in response.

"Is this how humans have fun?" Allura cringed. The air went still as five gazes snapped to her.

"No, this is what friends do when they they're trapped in one building and have nothing but their phones."

Allura paused, tapping her knee, before she breathed out. "I have a small feeling I'm unwelcome at the moment."

"No," Finn sighed and glared at the child that had snapped at her. "We're just a bit bored and feeling cooped up. The last exciting thing that happened was Miles receiving his Lion; the last time we left the castle was for the gas station half a week ago."

"Training is exciting," the princess tried with a nervous grin.

"No it's not," Rowan rolled his eyes, "you need new hobbies."

"Okay... then what do human friends do?"

They all stared at her incredulously, the same question running across their minds. What the hell did she do with the last five human paladins she knew?

"Uhhhhh," Chayse racked her mind. "Watch... stuff? How are we supposed to answer that?"

"Watch stuff?" Allura perked up and cocked her head. "Like what? What did you five bond over?"

They all blinked slowly as the sudden memories began to pop forth. Certain things had slipped from their minds, because there were very obviously other things that took place of it.

"A... uhm... a show," Rowan informed vaguely. "An anime called My Hero Academia."

"Oh?" A twinkle appeared in Allura's galaxy-esque irises and her hands rose to her face in excitement. "That's how you all became friends? Let's watch it together!"

They glanced at one another with grimaces.

"On what?" Lia raised an eyebrow. "We're not crowding around on phone and that's kind of all we have."

"What about—"

"We're not watching it on a hologram either, that ruins the vibes."

Finn expected the alien to frown at the coldness of their friends, but instead an odd determination gleamed in her eyes. The others seem to ignore both the gleam and Allura as they slowly went back to their own devices.

Finn was almost scared for what Allura had in store.

★★★
this is the most filler chapter i've ever written (it was the only thing in my notes so sjjsjshs) and i only wrote it because me and the others have been talking about voltron the past few days and im starting to miss it.

anyways some news on this book:
1) no i havent abandoned it. i just have a strong dislike for voltron & my writing style from 2017 so its taking me a hot minute to get back into it.

2) i realize this book is now 18 chapters in and still mainly filler but i promise it picks up once rowan is claimed by the black lion and that happens in ch20 i believe

3) no we did not become friends over mha thats disgusting AKSKSNSNSJX we became friends over voltron like the rats we are hence why in still writing this shitshow but obviously i cant say that

4) i have plans to heavily edit this book. not necessarily rewrite it but—.... like change certain facts about us i got wrong or change some dialogues or delete whole chapters that dont matter or change layouts.... like for example i might probably change tweetie's name bc its come to my attention that SOME👀 ppl no longer enjoy it. and tbh fair i would dropkick tweetie irl

anyways idk when thats going to happen but it will lol. so until i come back to this heres a trashbag chapter tolet u know im alive (: