TWO

||Why did you ever go and
make things so
Complicated||
*****

I reached school in about 20 minutes. Somehow I love school, since this is the only hideout from my so-called family, well apart from Sophia.

My first period was the mathematics-my favorite one. I was about to run towards my class when someone called me-

"Are you running away without waiting for me?" Evangeline aka Eva yells dramatically. Well, she is always dramatic.

And here comes the feisty nerd. She is very scary especially when someone tries to insult her. We have been friends for ages. We met in an elementary when some guy ran into me and she shouted at him for not apologizing. Since then we are inseparable.

She is the only person other than Eleanor who knows about my condition, and she also can't stand Sophia for god knows what reason. She hasn't told me yet, but I can tell that she doesn't like being ignored. I mean it's Sophia we're talking about. She doesn't even smile when we locked our eyes in hallways.She is like a robot. I mean I live with her but I haven't seen her laughing or gossiping, she tries to avoid everyone even her own parents which is really weird.

"Um, sorry?" I smiled sheepishly, giving her an innocent look.

"So how was your morning?" she asked eyeing me up and down.

"Nothing special, I woke up early as usual and left for work and now here I am in school" I shrugged my shoulders and smiled innocently.

"Umm, did you meet with Eleanor?" she asked suddenly looking anxious.

"No.. why?" I asked slowly because I know where this is going.

"I miss going shopping with her" She smiled. I knew she would say something like that, I rolled my eyes at her. Only she and Eleanor can be happy about shopping.

"Hurry Eva, we don't want to embarrass ourselves now, do we?" I dragged her along with me.

We hurried to our classes and sit in our usual spot-in fourth row near the window. All of the students are now seated and Mrs. Wood started our class. She handed out our test papers of last week announcing that Vincent once again got A-plus even being ignorant. Both I and Eva got A-plus.

Aftermath, we had now biology class.

Well, I find every class interesting. Who wouldn't when you had every class with your best friend?

The lunchtime came very soon and I went towards my locker to get my lunch. Eva was called by our principle and currently, I am waiting for her to show up.

After 10 minutes I spot angry and stunned Evangeline Black. She was stomping her feet and muttering something.

"Hey, what happened?" I asked her with a worried expression.

"Can you believe it I got a job as a tutor?" she yelled sounding angry; way too angry

"Wow, congratulation I guess. But why are you angry?" I asked her

"Why am I angry? Who wouldn't be when you have to tutor school's jerk, Carter?" She almost yelled.

"What Carter as in Carter Jones? The same boy I know. The same boy you snapped at when he asked your name?" I asked bewildered

She just signs and nods.

"But why do you have to tutor him when he has a straight A-plus brother?" I asked stunned.

"This is exactly my point but the principle says and I quote, "I cannot trust Vincent even though he is good at studies. I know you can do this" She huffed.

"Wow, so are you tutoring him after school?" I laughed because I know how much she finds him irritating.

"Unfortunately, yes" She slumped her shoulders looking defeated.

"Wait, so are you coming at Eleanor's?" I asked suddenly remembering.

She looked stunned just as I am. "I don't know" She mutters. "Should I tell Carter that we shouldn't meet at his house?" She asked and I just nodded my head.

No one knows I work at Vincent's house, well, except Eleanor and Eva. And no one should know.

Not even Vincent Jones and Carter Jones because I don't want to be close with them. I don't want them to find out I am Alyssa West, the same girl who would come to their house when we were kids, the same girl who would irritate them saying she wants to draw a star.

I subconsciously touched the star tattoo at my left wrist and smiled at the memory remembering Vincent. He always used to tell me to get a star tattoo whenever I used to nag him about the star drawing.

I bit my lip to stop me from crying. I missed them . I miss them so much. Ever since Eleanor had to move to another town, we drifted apart with them being busy at their school and me at my catholic school. And yes, the distance was the main reason because Eleanor was always busy with the hospital and always tired.

Even though you have some spared time who would drive for like 3 hours when you are really tired because that's what it takes to reach our house. But it was Eleanor's decision so we all respected that.

So when my parents died and I moved to my uncle's I found out Eleanor was living in this same town when I saw Vincent and Carter at my school. But being the dumb boys that they are they didn't recognize me. I thought they will remember me once they will know my name but guess what they didn't even know my name. They thought my name was Lisa because everybody used to call me Lisa back then.

I even attempt to speak to them but Carter being Carter, he always tries to flirt with me. Disgusting. I mean once he will know the truth he will be disgusted too because I am practically like a sister to him.

And Vincent being the Vincent, he just ignores everybody apart from Carter.

Eva was shocked when I told her and even more shocked when she watched with her own eyes.

I mean I was beyond shocked when she moved to my school. When I asked her about it, she told me that she somehow convinced her parents to move to this school. That's why I liked her so much.

~~~~

Hello my lovelies,
Hope you liked this chapter.

Love you all
Lucida
💖💖💖

*please vote, comment and share*