SIXTEEN

||The way they leave tells you everything||

*****

I finally have some guts to call Eleanor and tell her that I am moving in her place. After all these years no matter how many times I ignored it, I, now, have to accept the fact that the only place I have left that can be called HOME is -Eleanor's house.

I felt like I was drowned in a pool of ice because I was shivering from head to toe.

"So you finally decided to show up" Sophia sighs and dragged me towards my room

"How did you reach fast? Oh right, you have your car." I said like a stupid girl. "Did you speed up? Because that's the only reason how you managed to get here so fast but why? Are you excited? Of course, you are excited that I am finally leaving and-

"SHUT UP!! Shut your rambling for one second." she shouted " And yes, I am excited not because you are leaving but because you are finally free" She squeezed my hand to assure me that everything is going to be alright.

"I'm pretty sure dad will be back anytime soon so we must start packing now," she said as she started to dig my cupboard, letting a heap of clothes to scatter across the floor

"This is a good idea, right?" I asked. How many times I asked her I can't seem to calm myself.

"Ughh, For the thousandth time Alyssa this is the ONLY good idea and you should be happy that you are going to celebrate your 18th birthday as a free bird. Stop being pessimistic," she yelled dramatically.

"I guess you are right then but I can't seem to find Ruby" I wondered my eyes around the hallway that was across my room

"Well, The thing is," She fidgets her fingers and said, "I may have mixed a sleeping pill in her juice."

My eyes widened at her. "You are so cool" I muttered as she rolls her eyes.

****

I was staring at neatly packed bags and my room. Never have I thought that I have to leave like this. But this is my only chance.

I don't have to be abused anymore.

I don't have to worry about anything because now they will be all in the past

"You're finally going" Sophia interrupts my thought. "I am" I nodded, unsure of the awkward situation.

"Take care and no matter what do not return here." She smiled and handed my bag. I nodded my head and exchanged an awkward hug. and walked away.

When I reached there, I opened the door without knocking. I was surprised to find that everyone including Eva was there.

"Hey guys" I managed to squeak with all the thick tension surrounding me.

"You have got some serious explaining to do" Eleanor pointed at me.

"Nice to see you too, Eleanor" I tried to lighten up the mood but Carter interrupted.

"Are you gonna live with us?" Carter asked happily and I just nodded.

"Does that mean I get your-OUCH" he yelled when Vincent stomped on his foot. "What the hell?" Carter yelled.

"You know I am still waiting for your answer right?" Eleanor furrowed her eyebrows, ignoring the boys.

I nodded my head and took a long deep breath. "Okay. So you know the money that mom and dad had left me which I didn't know till now-whatever. Sophia thinks that David and Ruby are probably up to something to get that money. She thinks that they are planning to do something before my birthday which is only like two weeks away." I told them everything, scanning their faces for some reactions.

"Sophia also confessed that she was only being mean with me because Ruby forced her to. According to her, Ruby doesn't want Vincent and Carter to do something stupid when they will find out me being their best friend" I added

"You are Lisa?" Carter fake-gasped. he is such a horrible actor. I rolled my eyes at him and said, "You don't have to act Carter. I know that you guys know who I am. Eva told me" I confessed and watched Carter giving an accusing look to Eva

"We must not take Sophia's warning lightly. It's dangerous for you"Eva spoke for the first time

"Feels like we're shooting a spy movie" I muttered while Carter snickers earning a glare from both Eva and Eleanor.

"Alyssa I think you are forgetting something "Eva gave me an encouraging nod. I raised my eyebrow at her but she was already glaring at me.

"Okay. How do I say this? But I have to confess something." I said glaring back at Eva.

"If we are going to DISCUSS Alyssa being that hideous maid then we already knew" Carter interrupts me, smiling proudly.

My jaw dropped after hearing that and for the first time, my eyes were met with Vincent's. The corner of his mouth was curled up and his eyes were twinkling.

"You knew?" Eleanor asked she was also equally surprised. I guess I'm not the only one who is shocked.

"Yeah. We are not stupid. We have noticed the star- tattoo and the way she used to draw the emojis were just like Lisa's. So we just figured it out but were not confirmed until now. Watching the shocked faces confirmed our suspicion." Carter grinned as if he had won some lottery.

"And the way she made the cookies and her rose, sandalwood and orange perfume" Vincent pointed out smirking at me. "Isn't that right, cupcake?" He chuckled.

"So you guys were pretended?" I asked them.

"Exactly like you pretended." Vincent smiled. "Do you think you can hide something from us?" He gave me a lopsided grin.

"Well, I did hide my name well" I smirked while Carter and Vincent were glaring me for hurting their egos.

~~~~~

Hello my lovelies,

How are you all?

So what do you think of this chapter?

See you next time..

Love,
Lucida
❤️❤️❤️

*PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE*