TWENTY ONE

||Grow through what you Go through||

***

The alarm on my phone went on disturbing my beauty sleep. I adjusted my eyes to the lights and snoozed my alarm. I had already snoozed it five times, still, I am sleepy.

For the sleepy head like me, late night date is not fun; at all.

As predicted Eleanor came into my room with a stern look.

"Wake up, already" Eleanor attempt to snatch my blankets away but I was too fast for that

"I don't want to go today. I feel hungover like I literally had dozens of drinks yesterday" I muffled inside my blankets

"No more excuses. I know that you skipped yesterday because of your little 'date" She air-quotes the word date

My eyes snapped open as soon as I heard her. I swiftly ripped my blankets off and looked at her.

I chewed my lip and kept on studying her face but as always she was good at keeping a poker face.

"How did you know?" I slowly asked

"I saw you guys on the way to the amusement park," She said smugly as if she had discovered the world's most fascinating thing.

Holy Cow!!! I almost forgot that her hospital is only a few blocks away from the amusement park.

I looked at her sheepishly hoping that she would forgive us. It's not that big deal now, is it??

I waited for Eleanor to say something but she only gave me a cold stare. "I'm gonna get dressed" I nodded to myself.

"Good, I have already packed your sandwiches. Now hurry Evangeline is waiting for you. Carter and Vincent had already left for Starbucks."

"WHAT?" I boomed

"They tried waking you up but you won't budge" She defended

I hurriedly get dressed, put all my necessary binders inside the bag and went straight to Eva who was waiting impatiently.

"Hey" I greeted breathlessly.

She clicks her tongue and shook her head as soon as she sees me. I huffed and get inside the car without wasting any time and chewed the sandwich which Eva had handed me.

"How was your date?" Eva asks keeping the eyes on the road.

"Good" I replied but judging by the unsatisfied look ob Eva I explained further detail."We went to the amusement park where we rode almost all the rides and guess what he asked me out. Officially."

"WHAT?" She screeched the brakes so damn hard that my head almost hit the glass and shattered my brain.

I gave her my best murderous look but she ignored it completely and was just blinking like a doll.

"He asked you out yesterday but you just told me today." She gritted her teeth and glared "Almost after 9 hours!" She added

"You're being over-dramatic" I stated, pointing my finger at her.

"Plus I thought you were already asleep so I didn't call you being the good friend that I am. And we should hurry up before we miss our first period" I grinned knowing that I am going to win the argument.

****

I kept on munching my french fries while Eva kept complaining. "I just can't believe Vincent could be this romantic!" She uses her hand to express.

I regret telling her everything in the morning. It's already lunchtime but she can't just shut up.

She clears her throat looking at the direction of Vincent and Carter. Thank goodness they saved my ear from bleeding.

Vincent put a cup of yogurt in front of me; shrugging his shoulder he said, "Figured you might want some"

"Thanks" I smiled and reached for it

"Is it really true, you guys are official?" Eva asked for the hundredth times while I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"I can't believe they are finally together," Carter mutters shaking his head as if he is reassuring himself.

For a moment the table was filled with silence. I looked at Vincent who was eye-communicating with Carter. As expected Eva was also looking at them intensely.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Carter hesitantly asked Eva.

She studied his face ready to reject him but I was too fast for her. I kicked her leg underneath the table and gave her you-better-go look. She sighs and follows Carter.

"What was that?" I asked Vincent who was grinning the whole time.

"He wants to ask her for a date" He replies. "So wanna go to see a movie tonight?" He raises his eyebrow waiting for an answer.

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"I will take that as a 'yes'.Meet you at your workplace" He said and went to the bleachers.

***

"Meet me near the old alley. I had to tell you something, come alone. It's urgent" Sophia had sent me this message earlier.

So right now I am inside the bathroom, planning to skip the classes. I hope nobody will find out about this. As the corridor became clear I ran through the gate.

I called Sophia many times but her phone went straight to the voicemail. Strange! I looked for Sophia but she was nowhere to be found.

The last thing I remembered was a strong hand pressing my mouth before I collapsed.

~~~~~

Hello my lovelies,
I hope you liked this chapter.

Until next time.

Love,
Lucida

*PLEASE VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE*