ELEVEN

||Sometimes following your heart means losing your mind||

****

Alyssa's POV:

After crying for hours, I felt really good. It feels like you have poured all the garbage out of the dustbin. I feel really good. But the only problem was-

I am not sleepy, at all

I have been continuously staring at the plain ceiling for hours but it feels like sleep is not in my dictionary.

I twist and turn hopelessly. If someone sees me they would think that some evil spirit had possessed me.

Finally, when it's 6:00 in the morning I woke up and get dressed, made some breakfast and walk slowly towards the school. As I enter the big gate of our school I saw Eva and Carter with goofy smiles.

Why the hell they have so much enthusiasm?

"Hey," I said awkwardly as I approached them.

"Good morning" Eva chirped. She smiles widely and her face shows that she is very happy.

"What happened?" I asked her, eyeing both her and Carter who was still smiling like an idiot.

"Oh, you know this stupid here," Eva points her finger towards Carter and added "Was annoying the hell outta me with his stupid questions,"

I watched Carter as he gave me his innocent look and points back at Eva.

"What aren't you a nerd? How can you be NERD if you don't know the simple answer to that?" he quotes the word 'nerd' and then turns in my direction. "It's your turn" He points out while Eva is waiting eagerly.

"What do you call an alligator in a vest?" Carter asked me.

"Alligator in a vest?" I repeated the question with a blank look. "I have no idea" I admitted because I have no energy to think.

"INVESTIGATOR" He sang while I gave him a blank look.

"Okay, now another. Do you know what does a house wear?" he aked

"Roof?" I raised my eyebrow.

"No silly. It's A DRESS. ADDRESS" He said and burst out laughing while Eva smacks him on the head. Now that caused me to laugh.

He glared at Eva who just shrugged in response. "See you around, dimple" He smiled and walked away.

"Dimple?" I turned to Eva sand saw her smirking. "Did something happened yesterday after I left?" I asked her suspiciously.

Her eyes widened as if I have caught her. She laughs nervously and shakes her head as 'no'.

I know she is lying because she s not meeting my eyes and biting her lip. "You are lying" I smirked at her.

"I am not" She defended widening her eyes. "Why would I?" She gave me a nervous laugh. "Aren't you going inside?" Eva dragged me along with her.

As she was dragging me away, we met Sophia in the hallway who was standing there as if she had seen a ghost.

As if sensing that she was being watched, she turns her head and watched me. We held a glare competition for a while before she muttered something under her breath and walks away.

Why is she always weird? She always looks scared and lost as if someone was following her.

"What is wrong with her?" Eva asked watching the retreating figure of Sophia. "Anyway, Let's go" She dragged me towards the classroom.

While we were sitting, waiting for the teacher. I noticed that Eva was desperately looking at the hallway as if she was waiting for someone.

"What are you looking at?" I squinted my eyes at her. "Nothing" She mumbled still watching.

"Do you have a crush on someone?" I asked out of nowhere. She chokes on her spit and starts coughing, grabbing the unwanted attention.

"Is that a yes?" I asked her with an evil smirk. That has to be a 'yes'.

"No. no. no. Of course not." she shakes her head. "Why would you think that? It's stupid. It's ridiculous" she started blabbering. I know that she is lying. I smirked forming an evil plan.

"Oh, Thank the precious god!! I thought you were crushing on Carter" I fake gasp grabbing her attention.

"Carter? Really? HAHA No. Not happening" She fidgets with her finger. I smirked, again.

"Exactly, why would you date him? He is such a dumbass and he childish. You are not even his type and the worst he always breaks the heart. Oh, I even heard that he had broke guy's heart too." I joked silently apologizing to Carter.

Her expression instantly changed which I find very funny.

"He is such a weirdo. Some say that he even dates guys..ewww..He is so-"

"STOP!!!" I was interrupted by her voice. " Are you seriously believing those fucking rumors? He is like your brother for god's sake" she defended him. I was a hundred percent sure she would do something like this. Still, I continued.

"Why are you defending him? You guys don't seem close or are you now close after those tutoring classes" I innocently said.

"I am not defending him. I am just saying what truth is." She was annoyed. "You know he is not that bad, he is sweet. God! why am I telling you this? Out of all people you shouldn't have said those things." She snapped at me

"So, you like him?" I smirked, knowing that I caught her red-handed.

She opens and closed her mouth. Her face reddened. "I HATE YOU" she glared at me, once she caught my plan.

I shrugged innocently and winked at her just because I could annoy her.

~~~~

Hello my lovelies,
Hope you liked this chapter.

See you in next chapter...

Love,
Lucida
❤️❤️❤️

*PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE*