TWENTY FOUR

||Forget the mistake, Remember the lesson||

****

"I hated my biological parents because I thought they abandon me but I was wrong. They have loved me every second." She cried. "You guys thought they gave money to Alyssa only but you were wrong all along."

"You guys only thought of Alyssa as their daughter. But they thought of me, even though they gave me for adoption they thought of me." she slightly smiled. "Do you guys want to know where was the money? The money was in the bank under my name but too bad I have already transferred the money the second I texted Alyssa because I knew the physco here would do something" She smirks looking at Ruby

"You are lying. There's no bank account under your name" Ruby bellowed

"I wish I was lying, Ruby" Sophia spits, her voice lacing with hatred. " When I helped Alyssa moved away, I knew I had to search the truth-- The money. That's why I went to the basement and searched the room. I knew I would find something there but look at the luck when I was crying over the old pictures I found a picture with a message behind its back. It was a picture of me holding my favorite doll with my biological parents. Grandpa must have known that it was my precious memory. That's why he wrote a letter behind it's back so that you wouldn't find it. In that letter, he had written that I must search for that doll. So I searched for it and found my old ragged doll which was gifted by Alyssa's mom. The same doll which you tried to burn but I hid that in the basement and lied about it." Her voice softened. Her face was calm, her eyes glistening.

Sophia continued, "Inside that doll, Grandpa had hidden the paper in which he had written the money was under mine and Alyssa's name in Texas. He believed that even though I was raised by the monsters someday I would change and find the truth. That's why he left the message for me saying that he always knew I would find the truth."

"Now you wouldn't get that money because I have already transferred the money using the code grandpa had given me." She laughed.

I was like the fourth wheel between them. I didn't know what to say, I was beyond shock. This whole information was too much for me. There was chaos inside my head.

I didn't know what happened in between but the next thing I knew there were loud police sirens and a loud bang at the door followed by Vincent, Carter and some policemen.

"You called the police" David boomed looking at me. Ruby started to run but the police were too fast for her. "How dare you call the police?" He raised the hand but before his hand touch my skin Vincent threw him across the floor

"She didn't call the police. I traced her cellphone" He connects his fist with David's nose. I bet his nose will break judging by the sound.

"I messaged Vincent because I knew Alyssa will be in danger" Sophia had a victory smirk in her face. I opened and closed my mouth like a fish. I couldn't believe this cunning girl was my twin and I'm proud of her.

While Vincent was rearranging David's face, Carter came to untied us. And the first thing Sophia did was engulfed me in a tight hug. "I am so sorry if I didn't message you then this whole kidnapping thing wouldn't happen. I am sorry, Alyssa" She whispered

"It's not your fault. I am happy we found out the truth, our mom and dad will be proud of you" I hugged her back

"STAND BACK" David's voice boomed across the room. He pointed the gun at the police who were trying to catch him. "You will pay for this, this all happened because of you" He pointed the gun at Sophia who was standing fearlessly.

"We didn't do anything. This is all your fault. If you hadn't been that greedy and if you hadn't been blinded by revenge, this will not happen. We will be a normal happy family, not an abusive, physco family." Sophia snapped. Her voice was full of confidence. "You guys have to pay for this. For every wound that you gave us. For killing our innocent parents" She growled

"SHUT UP! They were not innocent" He screamed and pulled the trigger. Before anyone could register what was happening, there were two loud bangs. I watched as Ruby screamed and David drop dead to the ground. His eyes widened and mouth open.

"Are you alright, miss?" A policeman who shot David asked Sophia. Her legs were wobbling and she started to lose the balance.

"Sophia?" I murmured as she collapsed to the ground. There were two gunshots, the other one must have hit her. "No, no, no.....please" I cried and hugged her.

"Alyssa, mom and dad are waiting for me" She muttered softly, tears slipped from her eyes.

"You can't leave me. Please. No Sophia. Please" I sobbed engulfing her in a hug. All this time we spent together ignoring each other, hating each other but when the happiness is coming this can't be happening. This shouldn't happen. She shouldn't die leaving me behind.

"Don't worry" She whispered and grabbed my hand before sleeping peacefully with a smile on her face.

I sobbed resting my head in her chest hoping I would hear a heartbeat. A faint slightest heartbeat but it was too late.

~~~~

Hello my lovelies,
Hope you liked this chapter.
Are you guys surprised?
Who else is excited for last chapter?

Until next time~~~

Love,
Lucida
❤️❤️❤️

*PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE*