TWENTY THREE

||The sun loved the moon so much that he died every night to let her breathe||

****

"Alyssa. Lisa please..please wake up. Please. It's all my fault. Please wake up" A voice inside my head was repeating this over and over again as id this is some kind of mantra.

But this wasn't my voice.

I slowly open my eyes and tried to adjust them. The unfamiliar surrounding welcomes me with a rusty air. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Sophia bulging her eyes out.

I tried to stand up from the chair only to find out that both my hands and feet are tied up.

"Sophia" I croaked

"Alyssa. Thank god." She cried hysterically. "Thank god you are okay. I am so sorry" She added while hiccuping.

"What happened?" Although I know the answer, I asked her just to make sure.

"We got kidnapped" she sniffled and then bit her lower lip. I guess she is trying to calm herself down. She finally took a long breath and added, "I know the truth, Alyssa. The whole truth"

Even though she is trying to calm her down I guess it's not working. Tears after tears slipped from her red puffy eyes making her miserable. Watching her like this, I wanted to hug her, comfort her and tell her that everything's going to be alright.

"It hurts so damn much knowing that the people you loved most have never ever loved me once. " She sobbed

I was about to open my mouth to ask her what happened but the two smirking faces stopped me mid-air.

"I see you guys are finally awake" Ruby smiled evil-ly while David smirks probably because we look pathetic.

"Why did you kidnap us?" I gritted my teeth. If only my hands were free, I will strangle them with my bare hands.

"Isn't it clear already dear, we want the damn money" She sneered, I could smell the cigarette as she walked closely towards me. "I know that old hag left money for you" She smirks as if she had discovered some clue to the treasure hunt.

"What are you talking about? We don't know anything about the money. And why the hell did you kidnap Sophia? Your own daughter." I was already frustrated by them; who they think they are? And what money they were talking about?

"Daughter? I have no daughter" She shrugged her shoulder; her face was blank as the paper.

I stared at her; waiting for her to say she was joking but she just kept laughing.

She wiped the fake tears from the corner of her eyes. "Sophia is not my daughter. I adopted her."

"What?" I whispered staring at Sophia who was sobbing.

I gripped the chair to support myself. I don't know what I feel towards her after watching her being vulnerable.

"Even if she is adopted you raised her. How could you say that?" I raised my voice. " You watched her growing up. How could you kidnap her?"I growled

"You know nothing about her. We kidnap her because we have to make sure she wouldn't open her little mouth because she knows too much information." David spoke for the first time. "Knowing too much information is injurious to health" He laughed looking at Sophia.

"What information?" I watched David and Ruby but they were too busy smirking. "What information Sophia?" I asked her. She looked at me with the glistening eyes but couldn't speak.

"She is your sister" David interrupts. "Ruby please fill the poor girl in" He snickered

I watched them as if they have grown two heads. "What nonsense are you talking about?" I blurted out.

"This is not a nonsense girl. What David says is true. Sophia is your twin. You guys are a fraternal twin." Ruby began

"You see David here was a drug addict. He was troublesome while your father was a perfect son. Their father or let's just say your grandfather runs some business back in Texas. He was pretty loaded. He handed down the business to your father, not David because he was a drug addict. That's why your uncle wants revenge with your father." She states proudly.

And then she added," I wanted to marry your father. I even tried to seduce him but he had only eyes on your mother who was nothing but a naive girl. Watching her getting pregnant with twins really gets on my nerves. I wanted revenge and that's when I met David and we started to plot things."

"Our revenge was going fine. We acted like a happily married couple, acted like I couldn't be pregnant because of some complications, acted like I was in love with Sophia so that I can persuade your naive parents to adopt her. We emotionally blackmailed your mother so that I could adopt Sophia and ruin her."

"Everything was going fine. We murdered your parents and covered it as an accident. Everything was planned but we didn't know that the money will be under your name and will be transferred to god-knows-where. We thought when your grandfather came to meet you he will tell you the location but I guess he didn't" She admitted

I was beyond shock. I glanced at Sophia to reassure. She nodded her head as she silently cried.

The hot blood runs through my veins rushing towards the brain making my vision red.

How could they murder a person for the sake of money?

"You guys are monster" Sophia sneered. She held a hard intense gaze to glare at them. "You put all the mothers to shame that day you decided to use me against my parents." She spits looking at Ruby. I could see the hatred, the loathing, the venom behind those eyes.

"Cut the crap! We need money. Where the hell is money?" David roared.

"She doesn't know anything about the money" Sophia laughs. I snapped my head towards her. Is she going crazy because of this whole crazy truth?

"I hated my biological parents because I thought they abandon me but I was wrong. They have loved me every second." She cried. "You guys thought they gave money to Alyssa only but you were wrong all along."

~~~~

Hello my lovelies,
I have divided this chapter so it won't be too long.
Hope you liked this chapter.

Love,
Lucida
❤️❤️