Bullying

Bullying is something many people face whether it be in school or online. It can happen to anyone and anywhere. Many people are being bullied and don't even know it! If you know someone who is being bullied or you yourself are being bullied, either follow my tips, or inform some higher authority of what's going on. 

Method 1 for dealing with bullying: Stand up for yourself. Okay, so I know how cliché that sounds and how it doesn't always work, but if you're able to do so safely, stand your ground and tell the bully off. No, don't go insulting the bully's family or make fun of their nose... Tell them that they're hurting you and that what they're doing isn't right. Try firmly telling them that they're being cowardly by picking on people who don't deserve it. Please avoid physical confrontation if you can.. Please don't go throwing punches because they called you a name. React in a calm and mature way.

Method 2: Act like you don't care. Respond to the bully's taunts with a bored tone.

Ex: "You're a fat piece of sh*t. Go kill yourself."

        "Nah."

Don't let the bully know that their words and actions are affecting you. It'll get them more aggravated and they'll probably leave you alone if they see that you honestly don't care. This is a very good method for verbal bullying and cyberbullying. If someone's pushing you into the walls, however, saying "nah" isn't going to get you anywhere.

Method 3: This is for physical bullying. Please please get help. If nobody believes you, try to lure the bully into an area where there's security cameras and people everywhere. Never walk around alone. Immediately alert a teacher and make sure that they're aware of the issue. If it's continuous and outside of school, please call the police and report them for harassment. Someone physically hurting you is a serious matter that should not be taken lightly. It's not "roughhousing" it's not "boys just being boys" or "she hurts you because she likes you" it's harassment and bullying. Don't ever let people make you think that someone hurting you is good. 

It. Is. Not. 

Method 4: Tell someone. Simple and effective. Tell your friends, tell your older sister, confess to your math teacher, tell the bully's mom, report them or block them if it's online. You don't need to face this alone. You don't need to fight for yourself. Have someone with you who you can trust. 

IMPORTANT: Telling someone about the bullying you're receiving isn't tattling!! I cannot tell you how many kids don't get the help they need because it's considered "tattling". If you or someone you know are being hurt by someone, you need to get out of the situation and get help! Please!

Method 5: Prepare yourself. Did you notice that your bully only bothers you at the entrance of the school when you walk in alone in the mornings? Come earlier or later or with some friends to avoid the confrontation. Use a different entrance if you can. If you notice that your bully only bothers you on social media, block and report them. Inform your friends of your bullies and have them walk with you everywhere. If you notice the little things, you can sometimes avoid being bullied again in the future. If you notice a pattern in the method of their bullying, you can easily prepare yourself for the next encounter because you already know what you might endure.

Method 6: Okay, so I actually use this method all the time. So if you know someone that you find annoying or if there's a celebrity that you always roll your eyes at anytime they say something, pretend that the bully's words are being said by the person you roll your eyes at.

Ex:

Annoying older brother: Your boyfriend left you cos you're ugly and stupid.

You: Shut up! I don't care what you say! I think I'm beautiful and I know I'm smart! It's stupid of you to even say something like that! 

By using this method, you can easily learn to deflect the harm of the person's words and keep your confidence. You'll learn that the bully's words don't matter and that you're the better person. 

Please please plllleeaaase get the help you need. You won't seem like a coward for informing a teacher or adult of the issue. You'll be so glad you took action on the problem when you do. Stay safe guys.