Sexuality

Like a lot of people, you may be questioning your sexuality or already know what you are, but are struggling in finding the confidence to present yourself as what you feel. It's okay. Don't stress over something like this.

Sexuality: a person's sexual orientation or preference

- First of all, you don't need a label. Currently, people from all over are coming out throughout the media. Your brother may have come out as gay, your best friend of four years bisexual, your favorite actor asexual. You may feel inclined to figure out your sexuality or even end up presenting yourself as something you're not sure you are or not. Please don't rush to figure out what you are. It's nobody else's business but yours. If you're currently presenting yourself as bi, it is 100% okay to decide later that you're actually something else. Your age doesn't matter when finding your sexuality either, so don't feel afraid that you're "too young" to know or that it's "too late" for you to find out. Middle school is typically the age kids start to have sexual interests, so don't worry if you're young and confused. You'll figure out what you are one day and if you don't, so what? No don't need to have a label. You aren't a jar of jelly.

- DO NOT COME OUT IF YOU ARE NOT IN A SAFE AND COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT TO DO SO! Please don't. If you know your parents are very homophobic and hostile towards the LGBTQ+ community, you probably shouldn't come out to them, especially if you have no backup support or a safe place to flee if needed. Please make sure you're safe before presenting who you are freely. Obviously, it's not my place to tell you when to come out, but I can't tell you how many kids I see get beaten or disowned because they came out to their family at a young age.. If your family is like this, I wish you the best and hope you'll finally get to the day where you can be who you are safely.

If you're unsure if your family is homophobic or not, try talking about a celebrity that is openly gay or watch a tv show/movie on the family TV that showcases same sex partners. If they don't say anything, they may be alright or don't care enough to point out their disapproval, and if they turn the channel, change the subject, or openly state their disapproval, then you know where they stand.

Make sure if you're out to your friends, they understand that they can't mention your sexuality around your family.

Please stay safe.

- Being gay, straight, or bisexual etc. is not a choice. Don't let people pressure you into believing that you're choosing this lifestyle. You're not. You are a beautiful person who likes what they like. Being gay is also not a mental disorder! Don't let people tell you that!

- It's not mean to explore your sexuality by experimenting with different partners! If you think you're bi and decide to have a relationship with someone of the same gender, it's 100% okay if you realize you don't actually like the same gender. You're not being mean, just let the person understand that you're not sure before you get into the relationship. Trying new things and not liking them doesn't make you a bad person! If you've come to realize that you're asexual, don't let people tell you that you need to have sex first to know or that you've just had bad partners in the past. Your sexuality is your business. Nobody has the right to define you except for yourself.

❃ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾❃ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾❃ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾❃ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾❃
I'm sorry if this chapter seems a bit too short.. I couldn't find much else to say that's informative. If you have anything else I should add, please comment or message me privately. I'm always open to accepting more information that's beneficial to helping others learn. Please, if you ever need to, talk to me if you're going through anything. I'm here to help and although I sometimes take a few hours to respond (I have sooo many essays to write omg) I check Wattpad daily and will help you. With that being said, be nice and understanding to each other. Love ya! Also, if you have any topic ideas, I will gladly research and type it up. :D
❃ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾❃ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾❃ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾❃ ❀ ✿ ❁ ✾❃