Chapter Thirteen

GO READ Fathom (1D & 5SOS) BY batandsupes!!!! It's superrrrrrr fucking good, guys.

Excuse my profanity. I have a potty mouth.

Enjoy.

Chapter Thirteen

Taylor Tuom

I'd spent the entirety of yesterday trying to come up with and idea as to what I should make Luke. There wasn't anything I could come up with that really stood out, though. So today Luke and I are going out. It was a bit of a spontaneous thing. I texted him around one because my classes ended early, and he decided we should go do something.

We were currently walking down the street hand in hand. Our boots crunched against the few layers of snow. I couldn't wait until it melted, honestly, because it was getting very annoying.

"Are you going back home for Christmas?" Luke brings up.

"Yeah, I am," I answer. "Are you?"

"Yes." He nods. "What do you want?"

"What?" I question, looking up at him briefly as we waited for a car before walking across the busy street.

"For Christmas," Luke clarifies. "What do you want?"

"You don't have to get me anything, Luke," I say.

"I know, but I want to get my girl something," he replies, pulling me close and kissing my temple.

My heart flutters as he calls me his girl, although I knew that it didn't make anything official. He hadn't exactly jumped at the opportunity to make me his girlfriend. I hadn't expected him to, either, after the news I gave him of Axl's birth and death.

"Okay, well if you really want to get me something, then I'd gladly appreciate some new lingerie," I joke.

"Ooh, I can do that." Luke winks.

I roll my eyes. "You honestly don't have to get me anything, but if you insist, then I'm not going to tell you what I want. Come up with it yourself."

"Fine." He grins. "I will."

"What do you want?" I ask the same question.

"I'm not even going to bother arguing with you on this, so just get me whatever you want," he says.

I nod, satisfied that he didn't put up as much of a fight about this as I had. My brain raked with numerous gifts I could give Luke, but like that damn pastel chalk picture, nothing special stood out.

"Here we are," Luke says, stopping us in front of a grocery store.

"What are we doing here?" I ask as we step through the automatic doors.

"I am going to attempt to make you the only food I know how to," he says.

"That being?" I question.

"Meat," he responds. "I was sort of hoping you'd make the sides."

"Okay, that sounds good." I grin, grabbing a shopping cart by the door.

We scaled the aisles, searching for different foods. I also did a bit of grocery shopping while I was at it. Luke decided he was going make steak, while we agreed on mashed potatoes, sautéed asparagus, and a tossed salad for the sides.

By the time we reached my house, our arms ached from carrying the many grocery bags seven blocks. I guess Luke hadn't thought that far into the plan. We could've easily taken my car instead of walking.

Immediately, we started on making dinner. Luckily for us, Kaytlin and Louis were having yet another date night. That meant we wouldn't have to share our meal.