Chapter Twenty-Seven

Taylor Tuom

7 Months Later

"Oh my god, Taylor, it hurts so bad," Kaytlin cries, literally squeezing the hell out of my hand.

"I know, Kay, just breathe," I talk her through the contractions, which were now far enough apart that she's ready to begin pushing soon.

"Damn it, Louis," she screams out her fiancé's name. "Where is he?"

"He's on his way, babe," I tell her. "He got the first flight back to London last night. He'll be here soon."

The past seven months have been hectic for the pair. In those seven months, Taylor moved to the UK to live with Louis (where he bought a house in his hometown, Doncaster). Louis went on tour a month after, leaving Taylor home alone basically for the beginning duration of her pregnancy. Now, six months later, she's ready to pop this puppy out.

As for Luke and I? We broke up three months ago.

Just kidding.

We're still going strong, happy as ever. He bought the house on Anderson Avenue, the one I fell in love with, and he gave me the liberty of decorating it. I haven't had contact with my parents in the past months, feeling no need to be. They can't accept me, so I can't accept them.

The same as Louis, Luke's been on tour. Although he's only been on tour for three months, not six. And unlike the One Direction lads, 5 Seconds of Summer's tour doesn't end for another six months (whereas 1D's is coming to a close in a few days).

I flew out to be with Kaytlin last month, to live out the last month of her pregnancy with her. It's been extremely stressful, not only for her, but me as well. Once news of Louis Tomlinson and Luke Hemmings being off the market came into play, we'd been getting more attention (especially me, since 5 Seconds of Summer is a huge hit now). For Kaytlin, she's told the paparazzi and media just what was on her mind. She's a pregnant woman and you do not mess with her is all I have to say.

"I'm here," someone speaks, clearly out of breath. "I'm here."

Louis is in the room then, hands on his knees and panting heavily. He had on the typical hospital costume required for those in the room during the birthing process (I also wore one). He comes to the other side of Kaytlin, who slaps his chest, but then kisses him.

"Are we ready, Miss Pockels?" the doctor, who had left the room ten minutes earlier (much to Kaytlin's dismay, who stated, "He's a fucking doctor and he needs to be here or else I'm having this baby with or without him!"), speaks up upon entering.

"I think so," the nurse (who stayed the entire time, unlike the doctor) replies.

"Let's check you out."

///////

"Congratulations, you're both parents to a healthy baby boy," the doctor claims, holding the ten pound baby (bless Kaytlin's soul) up.

There are tears in everyone's eyes, even the lovely nurses. Kaytlin and Louis are hugging and kissing each other as the nurses take the baby away for examination and cleaning. Finally, nine months later, their little boy has arrived.

"Okay, all visitors must leave the room," an older nurse instructs. "The patient needs to be cleansed and treated."

Louis and I are ushered out of the room, large smiles both on our faces from the beautiful (although, quite disgusting) experience moments before. We head to the waiting room, where Louis' mum and siblings are waiting in anticipation. They stand up as they see their only other son and brother (besides Carter, a twin of Loralei) enter.

"How are they?" Maria, Louis' mum, asks.

"They're both good," Louis answers, the biggest smile ever on a twenty-three year old's face that I've seen.

"What is it? A boy?" Louis' sister, Lottie, asks in anticipation.

"Yes," Louis replies.

The family envelops him in a huge hug, while I slip off outside to call Luke. It's only two in the afternoon in the States, so thankfully he isn't on stage yet. On the second ring, he answers.

"Hey, baby," his voice speaks through the iPhone 5S (thanks to Luke, my old phone was ran over). "Did she have the baby?"

"Yeah, a little boy," I say. "It was so gross, Luke, oh my god, but beautiful at the same time, y'know?"

"You would know," he chuckles.

"Yeah..." I trail off in reminiscence. "I was at the other end, though, when I had Axl."

"I'm coming home soon, babe," Luke says.

"What for?" I wonder.

"Your nineteenth birthday, goof," he replies.

"Oh, that."

"Yes, that."

"What did you have in mind?" I ask, taking a seat on a bench, staring at the drizzling rain (thankfully I was shielded under a pavillion).

"Something special," Luke states. "You'll love it."

"You said that about the gift you sent me last week and I did not love it."

"Michael said it'd be a cute idea if I sent you lingerie, okay!" he groans.

"More weird than cute," I chuckle, picking at my chipping fingernail polish (I took off my hospital gloves long ago).

"You better be wearing it when I get home," he growls.

"You're disgusting!" I squeal, throwing my head back and laughing.

"You love it really."

"Unfortunately."

"Anyway, I have to get off here. I just wanted to see how everything went," Luke concludes.

"Alright. I'll see you soon, I guess," I sigh.

"You okay, babe?"

"Yeah." I nod, although he couldn't see me. "I'm going to be flying back home in a few days and I'm just really going to miss Kaytlin."

"It'll be fine, love."

"It will."

"I love you, Taylor, okay?"

"I know, Luke," then, "I love you, too."

"I'll call you after the show if you're still awake."

"Alright."

"Bye, beautiful."

"Goodbye."

///////

If you haven't noticed, I don't use the real family names of One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer. I honestly can't be bothered to lean all their names! Haha. Excluding Liz. Liz is queen.

There's only like 2 or 3 chapters left, guys! Stay tuned.

VOTE AND COMMENT!