Epilogue

this is it guys

leggo

Epilogue

Taylor Tuom

"If everyone would avert their eyes to the center of the venue. The Best Man and Maid of Honor are going to be giving their speeches now."

Luke and I exchanged looks, smiling widely at each other. We watch as Kaytlin and Ashton stand up from their seats beside us and make way to where they're needed.

"I swear if he says something embarassing from when we were younger I'm going to kill him," Luke mutters to me.

I giggle, kissing his cheek. "Don't worry, babe."

"I will not be made a fool on my wedding day," he jokes.

"Shut up," I hiss, nudging his arm with my elbow. "They're starting."

"Oh, god. I've known Taylor since we were in the womb practically," Kaytlin begins.

The room, including Luke and I, lets out a laugh.

"We've been attached at the hip ever since," she adds. "I remember this one time when we were, like, oh goodness, sixteen, I think? Yeah, sixteen. We went to this party at Luke's house. I'd been to a couple before then and it was Taylor's first."

Luke looks over at me, raising an eyebrow at the information. "When was that?"

"Just that one time," I whisper. "When we..."

He nods, understanding.

"Anyway, I don't remember the night too well. I was completely pissed. That was the night Taylor officially got to know Luke."

My heart clenches. I hope she isn't about to tell everyone about the story of my infamous first time.

"That was also the same night that Axl was conceived. For those of you who do not know, Axl is Taylor and Luke's first son. He passed away with a disease known as Anencephaly, but he still lives in our hearts today."

Luke kisses my cheek, causing me to look at him. He smiles at me softly and assuringly. I smile back at him.

"I was there for her through it all and it was a beautiful experience. Some years later, I found out I was pregnant. Things were rocky for us, Louis and I, at first. We were both young and reckless. Before things got good, they got bad. Taylor was there for me every step of the way as I was with her."

I smile at her as she looks at me, a small tear falling down her cheek.

Her voice becomes shaky, "When I had absolutely no one, she stood beside me like I did those years before. She was an absolute angel. She supported me when we moved back here to Australia, then when I moved to the UK with Louis. She still stood by me then."

My heart swells at the words. I never knew how much my actions impacted and meant to her.

"I love you so much, Taylor," she says. "You're my best friend and I couldn't have asked for a better one."

Luke rubs my back, kissing my cheek briefly.

"So, cheers to Taylor and Luke. I wish you a long, loving, plentiful marriage and so on," Kaytlin finally concludes.

Claps and hoots and hollers fill up the small venue's space. Everyone raises their champagne glasses or beer bottles or cups to Kaytlin's speech. I take a sip of my white wine, then set it back on the table beside Luke's beer.

"Where do I start with Luke?" Ashton begins.

"This should be good," Luke chuckles. I squeeze his hand.