Chapter 4

Clarence White
I stood in the center of the gym as I watched many kids play the games I assigned them to play.

I'm a coach at my oldest twins high school, mostly a basketball coach but I'm mainly in the gym dealing with other kids.

I started coaching for the basketball team at Adalynn and Billy school last year and I love it because I get to help other kids pursue their dreams.

I sometimes be in the gym though when no other coaches are around but all the kids claim I'm the better coach then the other ones but let's not bring that up.

This gym class my daughter attended which was like her 5th period.

"Aye! Sean get off that girl" I yelled making Sean turn around and smile while walking away.

This generation of kids are so nasty and freaky I hope my kids don't do what these kids do.

It was five minutes left until this gym class started so I'm standing here waiting for all of them to gone and come.

I turned my head towards the entrance of the gym and seen my beautiful daughter walking in the gym with her phone in her hand.

"Adalynn White!!" I yelled as she looked up frowning, wondering who was calling her name.

When she saw it was me she laughed and ran over to me hugging me.

"Hi dad" she hugged me as I kissed her forehead.

"Hey babygirl why you on that phone in school?" I asked her as I looked at her.

"Texting mom. She want me, Billy and Quenisha to come to her house because she cooking a dinner she and her husband cooking" Adalynn said as I nodded.

"Aww Alright. Put that phone up though class bout to start and you playing these games today" I told her as she did as told and walked away.

I seen one of Adalynn friends sitting on the bleachers.

"If y'all don't wanna participate in the games I assigned we will be going outside and running for 30 minutes" I yelled as the kids on the bleachers stomped their foots.

I'm not about to give an easy grade to anybody who didn't earn it so if you don't play the games I assign you will be getting an F. Simple.

"Coach I don't feel good" Alessia, one of the many students who always make excuses to skip playing the games.

"Alessia the excuses are getting old and I'm not falling for it this time" I told her as she looked up at me.

"No Coach I promise I'm not making an excuse up please" Alessia said crying while holding her stomach.

I then knew she was serious, Alessia doesn't cry in front of people unless something is really wrong or bothering her.

"What's wrong?" I said as I started to become concerned.

"I don't know, my stomach hurts really bad and I thought maybe I'm sick or it was just something that I ate" Alessia explained as I looked around.

"Why didn't you go straight to the nurse before coming here?" I asked her as I walked over to the table grabbing a hall pass.

"Because I thought it was just a regular stomach ache that would've been went away but it's been hurting since I got in here" Alessia said as I signed the hall pass and gave it to her.

"Go see what's wrong with you. And if your ever feeling like this always go to the nurse before coming in here" I said because I don't need no kids getting hurt while I'm supposed to be watching them.