Chapter 7

Deyjah Harris
I felt movement in the bed which caused me to wake up and look around me and see Noah under me but I didn't see Clarence anywhere in sight.

I turned around and leaned down to kiss a sleeping Noah which only made him wake up.

"Hey Noah baby" I smiled as I picked him up.

"Hey mommy" Noah little voice spoke.

"Hey baby good morning" I said as I kissed his forehead. "I spell food, you think daddy's cooking?"

"YES! Food" He said as I chuckled and got up.

"Let's go then" I said and picked him up going downstairs.

As I'm walking downstairs I hear Clarence on the phone.

"It doesn't matter if she asked you to keep a secret for her especially if it's about a boy I deserve to know because that is my daughter too. I deserve to know everything about what's going on with her because I'm her father she's around me 24/7 she lives with me so how come you felt the need to keep ME out all people in the dark about MY daughter?"

"I understand that Clarence-"

"I don't think you do Joyce because see if I were to do that with Billy or Quenisha you'll be heated because you feel like you should know about everything about what they got going on in their life but then when it's me who don't know you felt keeping this secret was a good idea instead of being honest with me. We're not Adalynn, Billy or Quenisha friends we are their parents Joyce so keeping secrets away from the other parent should be a no no period I don't care how you put it that's not cool dude at all"

"You right, you right and I'm sooo sorry I really am it's just she said she was gonna tell you soon so I didn't wanna say anything before she got a chance because I also wanted to give her a chance to at least try and tell you but you found out before any of us could tell you and I apologize and I can definitely say I won't do it again without telling you first"

"Alright Joyce that's all I wanna hear. I don't like being mean to Adalynn or putting her on punishment but I'm tired of lying and keeping stuff from me. So yes I did take her phone, iPad, PS3 everything that I bought her because until she can be honest with me when I ask her a simple question then she can get her stuff back but if you wanna talk to her you can always call Billy or Quenisha and speak to her but she's not getting this phone back anytime soon"

"I understand. I got a question though"

"Um, what?"

"You think they'll wanna move in here?"

"After Adalynn got into a fight with yo husband kids? Then Adalynn can't get along with your husband so I know she's definitely not going there because them girls are not about to keep messing with her just because she doesn't like their daddy I'm not having it"

"I'm saying like if they worked they problems out before they move in? I just miss them being here with me everyday"

"I don't know Joyce I can talk to them and see but that's all I wanted to let you know. I'll talk to you when it's about them"

"Ight Be Safe"

"You Too God Bless"

"God Bless Y'all Clarence"

Clarence nodded and hung up as he finished cooking.

He turned around and noticed me and Noah standing there making him smile.

"Good morning y'all. Finally y'all up" He said as I chuckled and walked down the rest of the stairs.

"Good morning baby. Look at you tryna cook" I said as he laughed making me laugh.