Chapter 20

Deyjah Harris
"Have you noticed what I noticed?" I asked Clarence as he looked over at me.

"Noticed what?" He asked as he rubbed my feet giving me a foot massage.

"Something is going on with Adalynn she's more quiet now, she doesn't come out her room as much anymore" I told him as he frowned. "I know you've noticed. I didn't want to say anything but it's been a week and she's not herself"

"You know what Nisha came to me and told me the same thing but I just thought it was a teenage thing that every girl go through but now you're saying the same thing and it's making me think what's really going on" Clarence said.

"Babe I'm telling you something is off with her" I told him as he immediately grabbed his phone.

Tapping away on his phone he eventually put it up to his ear and waited for someone to pick up.

"Adalynn come in our room now" Clarence said as he hung the phone up and waited for Adalynn to come through the door.

A short minute later the door opened and Adalynn walked through it with a sad look on her face.

"Yes sir you wanted me?" She asked as Clarence squinted his eyes at her.

"What's wrong with you? And don't lie to me" he sat up in the bed as she wiped her eyes. "Adalynn what's wrong? You have to tell me"

"I was gonna tell you I promise I was, I just had to figure out how" Adalynn started as we frowned.

"Tell me what Adalynn?" Clarence asked her.

"Two weeks ago me and Cisco had sex for the first time and I could... I don't know if I'm pregnant or not" Adalynn said as I gasped. Clarence jumped up making Adalynn jump and back away.

"You and Cisco did what?" Clarence asked her as he paced back and forth. "You pregnant?"

"I don't know yet, it's only been a few days" she replied looking scared as ever.

"Adalynn you're fifteen fucking years old you shouldn't even be having sex right now" Clarence snapped while pointing a finger at her. "What the fuck y'all having sex unprotected anyway?"

"We used a condom but it broke and we didn't notice it until after" She said as he hit the wall.

"Oh my gosh" I mumbled.

"Are you serious right now? Is this a prank or something? It better be" Clarence said pointing a finger at her. I knew he was now furious because a vein popped out of his forehead. "It better be a fucking joke Adalynn"

"I'm so sorry, I'm soooo sorry" Adalynn broke down as I pouted my lips feeling myself about to cry. I then knew she was serious. "I'm so sorry, I didn't plan this. I didn't even plan on us having sex it just happened. I promise it did"

As mad and disappointed he was with her he walked over towards his daughter and comforted her.

"Calm down Adalynn, breath" He calmly told her seeing that she was having an panic attack. "Breath babygirl breath"

"I'm sorry, you can take all my electronics, my tv, you can punish me just please don't whoop me" She cried as Clarence wiped her tears. "Please don't whoop me"

Clarence pulled her in a tight hug wrapping his arms around her as she cried. "Shh Shh Shh"

"I'm sorry" she cried as he continued to hug her and comfort her.

After about thirty minutes of him hugging her and comforting her he pulled away and looked at her.

"Go in ya room, I have to talk to your mom" He said as she nodded and sniffed leaving out the room.

"What did I do wrong? I try not to be too overprotective and let her have a boyfriend and this happens" Clarence said as he sniffled. "My wife is pregnant and my fifteen year old daughter could possibly be pregnant, I don't know whether to be mad or let everything slide"

"It was nothing that you did baby, you did the best you could. Whether you or anyone else tried to stop it it was gonna happen anyway if that's what's suppose to happen. I know you're upset and I would be too but you have to stay calm, talk to Joyce and see what y'all are going to do but know that I'm right by your side" I told him as he looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"I hear everything you're saying but I'm speechless I don't even know what to say anymore" He sobbed as a few tears fell from my eyes as well. "She's only fifteen and she could possibly be having a baby, my baby could be having a baby. You two could be pregnant at the same time"

"Shh baby" I told him as he laid his head on my shoulder. I didn't want to think about how my stepdaughter and I could possibly be pregnant at the same time.

It was honestly nothing I could say to him to make him feel better right now so I just held him. I know I'd also be upset and disappointed if my sons went out and got some girl pregnant let alone if my daughters were to get pregnant. If Adalynn was pregnant it wasn't nothing we could do because we don't believe in abortions nor would we give the baby up for adoption so we'll just have to deal with it.

———
"Mommy what does it means to pregnant?" Jamya asked me as I chuckled.

I was certainly explaining to Ariunna, Jamya and Noah that I was now pregnant which meant that I couldn't pick them up like babies anymore.

"It means that a baby is in her stomach" Aiden said causing Ariunna and Jamya gasp and look at me then my stomach making me laugh out.

"It's a baby in your tummy? Can I see it?" Jamya asked as I laughed.

"You will have to wait until mommy have the baby, you gotta wait a few more months" I told her. "Do you want a little brother or little sister?"

"A little sister. Girls rule" Jamya said as I chuckled.

"That's right mamas, girls rule" I said rubbing my fingers through her hair.

"Nooo, we have enough sisters. We need more boys in the house" Aiden said as I laughed.

"There's four boys in the house, that's more than enough" I said.

"And there's five girls in the house, y'all got us outnumbered. At least let us have one more brother and we'll be equal. Five girls and five boys" Aiden said as I laughed out. My kids were crazy.

"You right son" I said rubbing his face.

Hearing footsteps come near I looked up towards the stairs and saw Clarence running down them.

"DADDYYYY" Jamya screamed running to him.

"Hey babygirl" Clarence said picking Jamya and Ariunna up in his arms.

"Was you mad daddy?" Ariunna asked their dad.

"No I wasn't, just promise me that you two won't grow up too fast on me?" Clarence asked the twins.

"We promise daddy" Jamya said making me smile.

Clarence laughed and tickled them as they screamed and giggled. I was just glad that he was finally out that room.

Keep God First And You'll Never Be Last❤️🙏🏾

God And Jesus Loves You All❤️🙏🏾

God Bless❤️🙏🏾

Vote

Comment