Chapter 9

One week later
Adalynn White
I laid in my bed staring up at the ceiling thinking about today and what I'm gonna do later on.

Today is my Bestfriend Jasmine sixteenth birthday and I already know we gonna turn up.

I didn't know exactly what we were gonna do because it's only so little that we can do due to us being young.

I know that all of our friends were gonna be around just having a good time in each other's presence.

Someone knocked on my door making me look towards it.

"Come in" I yelled a little.

My door opened as I saw my dad standing there with a box in his hands.

I sat up as he fully walked into my room sitting on my bed.

"Hey babygirl" Daddy said as he leaned over and kissed my forehead.

"Hey daddy" I said as I smiled.

"I came in here because I wanted to talk to you" Daddy said as I nodded. "It's been three weeks since that situation happened and you've been doing everything in the house as you should so me and Dey been talking and we think you should have all of your things back"

"But if you ever keep something like that from me again it's gonna be a real problem. Do you understand?" Daddy asked as I nodded.

"Yes sir" I said as I smiled.

I definitely wasn't gonna keep anything like that from him ever again since I'm living with my dad he was gonna be the first person to know about everything.

"Here, your phone, laptop, iPad and all your other electronic devices" Daddy said as he handed me the box. "I know you been missing them"

"Low key" I said as we laughed.

"Well ok, imma let you talk to your friends cause I know that's what you bout to do" Daddy said as I laughed. "Oh and tell Jasmine we said Happy Birthday"

"Okay" I nodded as he walked out and closed my door.

I looked down at my phone not knowing what to do with it for the first time in my life I've actually enjoyed not having a phone or any electronics which is weird because I'm so attached to my phone but not having it for three weeks gave me time to just relax and enjoy myself for a little.

I turned my phone on sliding the big brown box to the side.

After it turned on I seen that it needed to be charged so I grabbed my charger out the box and plugged it up and charged my phone.

As I'm charging my phone I started thinking about Cisco.

Cisco is someone that I met a week ago when me and my stepmom was at the nail salon.

He's a nice guy and I'm starting to like him a lot we've talked about a lot already and I know y'all probably like how? Well I was texting him off my little sister Quenisha iPad.

I told my dad about him and how I met him and he seemed ok with it.

I haven't spoken to Jay since my dad saw us kissing in his car he doesn't even talk to me at school anymore but I know that the relationship between us was over it's been over.

I picked up my phone and went to the call log typing in Cisco number saving his number into my phone then texting him.

To Cisco🥰😚: Hey Cisco, this is Adalynn I got my phone back.