Chapter 1: his type

Kun gulped nervously as they passed the bouncer and his younger friends cheered.
He scrunched his face disapprovingly as soon as the smell of alcohol, sweat and perfume wafted over to him in a gust of stuffy air.

Kun didn't go to clubs often. He preferred more quiet, less crowded and less rowdy places.

"Kun-hyung! This is great!" the two younger guys screamed over the loud music. He forced a smile on his face.

In the end he came here for Mark and Lucas who had begged their hyung endlessly to bring them to a club when they had reached the legal age. And a promise was a promise

"Enjoy yourself! I'm not taking you here another time!" he warned them but none of the two heard his warning as they already stormed off into the crowd, Lucas creaming excitedly at the new experience.

He simply sighed and went to get himself a drink. One advantage of them turning legal was that someone else besides him could finally drive.

He sat at the bar and sipped his drink quietly observing his surroundings. Lucas and Mark were nowhere to be seen but he would find them eventually.

Suddenly someone tapped on his shoulder and he turned around to face a girl whose make-up was a little too heavy and whose cleavage was a little too deep for Kun's taste.
"Wanna dance, cutie?" she shouted over the loud music.

She was not his type. Not at all. And he wasn't looking to hook up tonight anyway.

"Just one song!" she begged.
In the end he nodded his head. One dance shouldn't matter, right?

After he didn't make any move to touch her even after two songs she waved him goodbye and went away. He simply waved as well and awkwardly stood there as the next song started playing.

It was really just too full here. The movements possible in this crowded space couldn't even be considered dancing.

He was about to walk away when another girl suddenly appeared before him. She had unusual features and he couldn't decide where she was from but she didn't look like the regular Korean girl to meet on the street.

This one was dressed more decently. Her skirt was still a little too short for his taste but at least he didn't have to worry of being accused of sexual harassment if he so much as nodded.

"Wanna dance?" she simply asked and smiled brightly at him showing all her teeth and pushing her cheeks up widely bringing out her childishly round face even more.

He simply nodded and even danced six or seven songs with this girl and he had to admit that he was even starting to enjoy himself.

"Thanks for the dance! I had fun!" she shouted over the music when he was about to go.

He nodded and replied his own thanks.
She said more but he couldn't hear her over the loud music so he put a hand to his ear showing her that he didn't hear what she had said.

She looked at him hestitantly but finally pulled him over to a corner where it was a little more quiet to relay her message from earlier.

"Actually...," she began nervously looking at him.
"Yes?" he urged her to continue. Now he was curious.

"You're really cute, you know?"
Was she going to ask for his number? He was taken aback to be hit on by a stranger for the first time.

"I came with my friend and you're just his type. Can I maybe introduce you guys? He's a really nice guy!" she begged him and pointed towards the back where her friend was probably waiting.

Kun gasped for air as his eyes bulged in surprise.
"Well, I...I'm actually n-not into guys," he replied right after not really sure what to do in this kind of situation.