Chapter 8: 127 Records

Happy new year!! First of all. May everyone fulfill their dreams and find their ambitions this year (:
Or as my cousin says every new year, "This will be my year!"

I had a huge writer's block the last decade (since I published the last chapter) but today it suddenly vanished and I wrote this whole chapter today. I'm sorry for the long wait.

Anyway, I can't wait for WayV's debut!! Omg, my bias and my bias wrecker in the same group!😍😍

Kun remembered everything. From drinking a little too much with Doyoung to drunk-texting Ten. From being carried to Doyoung's girlfriend's car to Doyoung's girlfriend heaving Kun up the stairs to Doyoung's apartment.

With a metallic rattle Kun's chopsticks dropped on the table and disturbed the comfortable atmosphere.

"T-ten, did we agree to go somewhere today?" Kun asked still trying to comprehend his slip-up.

"Yeah, we did, but I guess you weren't fully conscious at the time seeing as you're suffering from hangover right now,"  Ten giggled teasingly while Kun blushed from embarrassment, his cheeks colored almost the same color as the tomato in his soup.

"I-I'm so sorry," he hid his face behind his hands and turned his head away. "This is so embarrassing. First, I ask you out and then I forget about it."

"You mean that wasn't an accident? It's not that you didn't mean to ask but you just forgot that you did?" Ten asked with a frown.
"Why would I ask accidentally?"  Kun frowned as well wondering what Ten meant.

"Sure, I was drunk but I did it because I wanted to. I wouldn't have done something I didn't want even if I was drunk."
Ten sighed reliefed at Kun's statement.

"Then, do you still want to go on a date? Another day maybe?"
Ten's face fell when Kun didn't answer right away and took his time to think about it instead.

Kun still wasn't sure about his feelings but just like Doyoung said he just needed to do what he felt like and hope for the best.

"Sure, let's go on a date!" Kun replied and Ten immediately brightened up.
"But Ten...," Kun felt like he had to be honest.

"To tell you the truth, I'm not sure of what's going to happen. I'm note sure of my intentions and feelings either. Right now I just want to go on a date but I can't promise you that I'll come to like you or anything. I'm sorry."

Ten nodded in understanding.
"I don't know what's going to happen either. I just like you and I want to try to see whether I can make you fall for me. It's not like I'm not confident. I can be quite charming, you know?"

Kun giggled nervously at Ten's confidence. "We-we'll see what happens," he tried to reply with a smug smile but had to turn away to hide his flushed cheeks.

"Anyway, you shouldn't move around too much," Ten announced when they had finished eating. "Anything will be exhausting with a hangover. So, just stay here for now. Drink lots of water. Do you want to watch a movie?"

Kun nodded and let himself be seated on the couch and wrapped in a blanket by Ten.
It kind of felt like he was sick but he sure was enjoying the attention.

Having moved to another country right after he graduated from high school provided a lack of attention and care.

His parents ran a business and we're often away, so Kun was also used to being independent and looking after himself.

Furthermore, here in South Korea he only had Chenle and his uncle and aunt, Chenle's parents, who were constantly on business trips and then left Chenle with Kun.