Chapter 10: meeting the parents

Happy new year!!

Three days, a lot of water and a Dolphin screeching in his ear everyday later, Kun was fully recovered.

He had slept tight, recovered to perfect health and couldn't feel any better. Except that he was nervous. More nervous than he had ever been.

When he had dropped Chenle off at Jisung's, he was still feeling fine.
"Thank you for taking him today. I greatly appreciate it!" Kun bowed to Jisung's parents to show his gratitude.

"Don't worry about it, Kun-ah!" Jisung's mother looked at him lovingly. "You always work so hard and help out your family. Jisung never stops talking about your cooking. The leftovers he brings from your place are always fantastic! When you open your own restaurant one day, I'll drop by regularly to enjoy your great cooking!"

"You talk too highly of me. I still have a lot to learn," Kun felt embarrassed but also proud to be praised like this.

He turned to Chenle. "Listen to Mr and Mrs Park. Don't cause any trouble. If anything happens, call me, got it?" Kun spoke seriously.

"I'm not a child, Kun-ge!" Chenle answered and rolled his eyes. "Just to be clear. I'm here because I wanted to hang out with Jisung, not because I need to be looked after!"
Kun nodded smiling, "Whatever makes you sleep at night.

Chenle huffed at that, "Aren't you going, Kun-ge? You're going to be late for your date!"
Kun immediately felt the heat rush to his cheeks. "Ya! It's not a date! I'm just meeting his friends for a friendly dinner!"

"His friends your date refers to as 'mom and dad'!" Chenle gave back. He turned to Jisung to reveal more details about Kun's plans. "You know, Kun might be going out with Ten, that dancer you like so much, soon."
"Don't talk so casually, Chenle. At least add a hyung!" Kun scolded.

Meanwhile, Jisung's eyes almost popped out when he realized that Kun-hyung was going out with the dancer he admired the most.
"W-will we meet him one day? D-don't mess this up, hyung!" Jisung's eyes sparkled like a child's on Christmas when he thought of the possibility of meeting Ten.

"I'll try to talk to him," Kun promised with a kind smile and finally left to pick up Ten. But not before he warned Chenle not to cause trouble once more. And a big hug for his favorite cousin.

"Do you like Ten-hyung that much?" Chenle giggled. "Maybe you should have gone instead of Kun and not cheered him on."

"I-I don't like Ten like that!" Jisung stuttered. "I'm not really into boys..."
He threw a glance sideways at Chenle.

Chenle saw the suspicious glance and frowned, "You know you don't have to hide anything from me. I won't say anything if that's what you like. We're best friends. And you know I'm not like that. Kun-ge is gay too. I don't care about that. If you ask me, anybody can like whoever they like. If I'm gay too, then that's that. I just like who I like."

Jisung's face fell. "And who is that? Who... do you like?"
"Who knows?" Chenle smiled.
He laughed in a high pitch at the curious look on Jisung's face. It was so much fun to tease the younger and make him expect something.

Right now Chenle actually didn't have somebody he liked but his best friend was just too cute when flustered.
.
.
.
The nearer Kun got to this supposed TY's apartment the more nervous he got. Ten's roommate Yuta had promised Kun TY would definitely like him if everything Doyoung had said was true.

Hopefully, Doyoung hadn't made Kun out to be an angel or anything. God knows he wasn't. He could be quite satanic when Chenle didn't wash his hands upon entering the kitchen.

Doyoung had said that TY was a kind person who only liked music more than his habit of taking care of others. Music and his lover, that is.

Kun had then looked up "TY" and found out that he was a super famous idol rapper and producer who left his idol company after his first contract ended to establish his own label with a few other people who were all not established in the industry at that time.