Chapter 2: "Kun's future boyfriend"-hyung

"Would you like to go somewhere after class?" Doyoung asked as he stirred the dark broth.
"I actually promised to pick up my friends from school," Kun answered as he sliced the vegetables thinly.

"Your friends? The younger ones you always hang out with? Are you done with the zucchinis?" Doyoung asked and reached for the cutting board.
Kun nodded and let Doyoung drown the zucchini slices in the broth. He reached for the bowl of garlic and onions and tossed them in as well.

"If you wanted to, you could tag along. I'm sure the others won't mind," Kun offered remembering how Doyoung had introduced Kun to his friends Jungwoo and Taeil.
And Doyoung was a nice guy after all. The others surely won't mind.

"Sure," Doyoung agreed and shrugged but also smiled softly showing all his teeth.

After classes ended and Kun and Doyoung had cleaned all the dishes, cooking utensils and their work place, they drove to the high school where Kun introduced Doyoung to his younger friends who were all in high school except for Mark and Lucas who had graduated recently.

Afterwards they headed to Kun's place where the younger ones wanted to know everything about Kun, Lucas and Mark's trip to the club.

"It was nothing special. The same as any other time I went," Kun shrugged.
"Don't act like you know anything. You never go to parties or clubs anyway!" Chenle chided him.

"Of course he doesn't. Kun-hyung is the type to make friends with a kid he babysits!" Renjun added.
"But that's why we all love him," Jaemin cooed affectionately.

Kun only rolled his eyes at his younger friends' teasing and they proceeded to ask Lucas and Mark about their experiences.

"It was so much fun!" Lucas exclaimed as excited as usual.
Mark giggled, "I bet it was fun for you!"

The younger ones looked at him confused.
"Lucas here got someone's number! A guy named Jungwoo who he danced with the whole time!" Mark revealed and the other boys' eyes widened profusely then getting smaller and smaller as they all started giggling and poking Lucas asking about the person who had caught his attention.

Lucas acted shyly and warded off their hands playfully but was quick to enclose any information about the older and didn't hold back to express his admiration for the tall guy with the soft smile.

"Mark, you exposed Lucas so easily but I bet you actually found someone attractive yourself!" Donghyuck called out his best friend.
"No, I got to know some new people but I didn't hook up with anyone," Mark answered truthfully.

Kun observed Donghyuck's reaction intently and couldn't help but notice the relief on Donghyuck's face when Mark denied his claim.

Mark grinned mischievously and put the blame on someone else after being freed of suspicion, "But Kun-hyung seemed very intimate with this guy we met there."

Suddenly all eyes were on Kun. Kun cursed Mark for snitching on him and tried to ignore the grins Jaemin, Renjun and Donghyuck were giving him.

"N-no, n-not at all. What are you talking about?" he tried to stutter as little as he could and looked away to hide his face.

"C'mon, tell us, hyung! What about 'nothing special'?" they found their next victim and Kun felt a few fingers poking at his side.
"It's nothing!" he denied strongly. "We just got along. And besides, it's a guy."

"So what?" All of them blurted immediately.
"It's never the wrong time to change your preference," Mark shrugged and Kun noticed the hopeful look on Donghyuck's face.

"Yeah, I guess," Kun answered vaguely. To be honest, Kun didn't have a lot of romantic experiences neither with girls nor with boys. He was pretty sure he was attracted to girls more than boys but...