Chapter 12: Jung Jaehyun

"And that's pretty much how I first met my friends," Ten summarized.
"That sounds like a bad 90es comedy," Jisung commented bluntly.

"Jisung-ah!" Kun scolded him while everyone else burst out laughing.
Kun's friends were all assembled in his apartment. They had finally been offered to meet Ten although Kun insisted they weren't dating yet.

"By the way, I heard Jae got you a modeling gig," Ten asked Lucas.
"You're going to be a model?" Mark asked astonished.
"I'm just trying it out," Lucas clarified.

"I just mentioned it briefly but Jungwoo-hyung said I should actually try it out and asked someone to put me in a photoshoot."

"Wow, Jungwoo-hyung is pretty amazing to be able to get you a modeling job this fast," Jaemin exclaimed. "When was your date? Yesterday?"
"It was four days ago," Lucas corrected.

"Well, Jungwoo is a CEO after all. He would have some connections," Kun said as he placed the food on the huge dining table.

Although his place seemed a little expensive, the interior simply looked just like any regular student's apartment. The only pieces that didn't fit were the huge glass dining table he had gotten because his friends often came to eat and the huge TV, which was a present from his aunt and uncle, Chenle's parents.

"A CEO?" every one of the boys exclaimed in surprise. Kun nodded. "Yeah. CEO of 127 Records, Kim Jungwoo."

Jaemin frowned and took out his phone. "His Instagram description says 'dog-lover and university student'!"
He presented Jungwoo's Instagram page which, true to his description, only held pictures of himself, dogs, his friends, him with his friends, him with dogs and his friends with dogs.

Unusual were only the good looks and celebrity status all his friends displayed and the high amount of followers.
"Taeyong-hyung said Jungwoo's the CEO. Look up the info on the internet," Kun shrugged.

Immediately, Jaemin typed in "CEO 127 Records" in the search engine and the result was "Kim Jungwoo, aged 20 internationally".
"Did you know about this?" All of them turned to Lucas whose eyes and mouth were wide agape.

He shook his head too shocked about the admirable male to say anything.
After a while he found his voice again. "He just said he had a pretty high position," he repeated Jungwoo's words.

"Well, he's not wrong," Renjun shrugged.
"You're not helping!" Jaemin jabbed his boyfriend's side.

"He said his friend who owns the record label had a vacancy and asked him to fill it.
"Taeyong was indeed looking for someone trustworthy to be the CEO," Ten laughed at his friend's vague description of his employment.

"Hey, he probably just didn't want to tell you yet. You've known the guy for two weeks now. You're still just getting to know each other," Mark reassured Lucas.
Donghyuck nodded, "He'll probably tell you soon. It's not like we found a dark secret of his."

"So, I should just act as if I didn't know about his job?" Lucas asked his friends.
They looked at each other hesitantly and all eyes went to Ten.

"Either way is fine. I'm sure Jungwoo will tell you soon. But, if you're the type who can't keep a secret just ask him about it. He won't be upset," Ten answered. "Jungwoo just doesn't like to tell people because they'll think he's bragging."

It did indeed not seem appropriate to tell each and every person you're the CEO of a rising record label at the age of 20.

"Anyway," Kun changed the topic. "tell us more about that modeling job. Are you excited? Is someone going with you?"

"Jungwoo-hyung said he might come but he's not sure. I'm really nervous. I'm going with Jungwoo-hyung's friend Jaehyun but I don't know him either."

"Sure you know him. Don't you remember meeting him at the club that first time?"
"Ah, I vaguely remember," Lucas answered but had to admit that, actually, he didn't remember anything clearly except for meeting Jungwoo.

"Well, you'll recognize him as soon as you see him," Kun shrugged.
"Is this Jaehyun person famous?" Chenle asked.

"I'd definitely say that. His face is practically displayed on every major billboard in the city. It is the Jaehyun I met last time, right?" He turned to Ten.

Ten nodded. "Can't remember having any other friend who's a model and named Jung Jaehyun."

"Jung Jaehyun?" All eight of them screeched their eyes wide.
.
.
.
"Mark! Good to see you again!"

Jaehyun engulfed Mark in a big hug. Mark hugged back slowly. He was a little overwhelmed at the model's enthusiastic greeting.

In that dimly lit space he had talked with Jaehyun so easily but now that Jaehyun towered three inches over him in clothing pieces, which each cost more than his whole shoe collection combined, Mark felt a little intimidated.

Jaehyun wasn't bothered by the change in setting and blabbered away like they were old friends.
After a minute his excitement of meeting Mark again died down and he noticed Lucas, who was awkwardly standing next to Mark.

"Oh, I'm sorry. How rude of me not to introduce myself. You must be Lucas. I'm Jaehyun. Just call me Jaehyun-hyung. Since you're Jungwoo's, well'll surely meet again. I mean, since you're Jungwoo's friend," he held his hand out for Lucas to shake.

Lucas wasn't sure whether to laugh or be embarrassed about Jaehyun's slip-up. He simply decided to ignore it and shake his hand. He looked at the model in awe.

This model who had walked on runways all over the world and was invited to every major fashion gala was casually shaking Lucas' hand and putting his arm around Mark's shoulders.

"You do have great body proportions. Maybe you'll feel like joining a label in the future," Jaehyun gave a compliment and Lucas only nodded shyly.

Lucas was definitely very handsome and his face and body could rival any runway model, even Jung Jaehyun. And Lucas knew that. He had always bragged about his good looks.

Just not in front of Jungwoo. Jungwoo with his cute smile, foreign car and endless credit cards seemed to have everything and definitely higher standards than just a handsome face.

But, Jung Jaehyun had a certain aura which radiated more than confidence. He was overly handsome but also warm and charming and his dimpled smile made people feel comfortable and welcome.

To be honest, I have no idea where I'm going with this. Like I kind of have a plan but I have no idea how I will arrive where I've planned the story to go😅
I still hope you're enjoying.