Chapter 5: the perfect son-in-law

"Good work! Repeat the choereo at home so you won't forget it! Get home safe!" Ten waved and smiled as his students bowed and swarmed out the door.
He went to get his water bottle and gulped the water down.

As soon as the last student had left the room six figures stormed inside and tackled him with questions about his date.

He could make out Taeyong's read hair, Sicheng's blonde hair, Doyoung and his preferred black hair with blue highlights (A/N: because his hairstyle right now looks absolutely dope😍), Yuta, who was still wearing the sweatpants and tanktop from earlier and newly added Jungwoo with his gray hair and Chengxiao, another friend of theirs who was also an instructor at the dance studio.

Ten laughed at his friend's behavior but willingly disclosed any details they asked for with a spark in his eyes.

"And you just confessed to him? Just like that?" Jungwoo, who had come on Doyoung's command, asked. "Wow, you're being quite bold, hyung!"
Jungwoo grinned cheekily and winked at Ten in a playful way.

"You're one to talk! Kun said Lucas never took his eyes off his phone yesterday," Ten shot back with a teasing smirk.
Jungwoo blushed and decided to let the others ask instead.

"So you like this guy?" Taeyong asked the most important question.
"I'm think I'm starting to like him," Ten smiled cutely.

Taeyong's curious expression changed into a motherly grin at that and nodded approvingly.

"So, tell me about him," Taeyong asked for more information.
"His name is Qian Kun. His family's from China and he came here to enter the culinary school. His parents also approved Seoul because his cousin lives here."

"So, they live together?" Taeyong asked.
"Doesn't seem so," Ten answered unsure.

"Chenle's parents have an apartment here and come once or twice a month for about a week to check on him. So they don't live together but Kun does take care of Chenle a lot," Doyoung answered instead.

"A responsible guy," Taeyong nodded satisfied. "I approve."
They all snickered at their friend's parental behavior.

"And what did you do today?" Taeyong asked genuinely interested in Ten's date while the others opted to going through Kun's Instagram on Doyoung's phone instead.

"We just talked a lot. He talked about his friends a lot. He said his close friends all range from 16 to 19 years of age and that they're a handful but he appreciates them and doesn't mind taking care of them."

"Why are his friends so young?" Chengxiao wondered frowning.
Ten looked to Doyoung with a questioning look because he didn't know the answer and hadn't asked Ten for the answer either.

"I just heard the story yesterday," Doyoung grinned.

"One of them, Chenle, is his cousin. He met Chenle's best friend Jisung because his parents were looking for a babysitter and Chenle recommended Kun and they hired him.
Jisung and Kun got along so well that they started inviting him to come hang out with them.
In the end he hit it off with the others so well that they became friends."

All their mouths hung open.
"He found friends from a babysitter job?" Yuta asked skeptically. "Wow, I feel like I should respect this guy."

Taeyong nodded for what felt like the 100th time.
"So, he's nice, he can cook and he gets along with children. Sounds like the perfect son-in-law. And the date went well. Means you're brining him over for dinner."

"Stop sounding like such a mom," Yuta laughed and hit Taeyong playfully.

"You weren't there that moment!" Taeyong cried out theatrically causing all heads to turn to him quizzically. "That moment when I, for the first time, saw that small long-haired boy walk down the campus and look around helplessly. Had you been there, you would have also developed this motherly instinct for this lost child!"

"I wasn't lost. I was just wondering whether Sicheng had gotten lost," Ten defended himself.

"Hey! There's no way I was lost!" Sicheng denied immediately but wasn't sure either.

"He did find the way to the dance studio and through the audition," Yuta rolled his eyes.

Taeyong ignored the comments and asked about dinner instead.
"Yeah, he agreed to dinner. But I'm not sure he considers it a date when we meet," Ten answered.

Sicheng frowned, "You even confessed to him. Why wouldn't he consider it a date?"

"He said he's not really into boys," Ten sighed. "Or more like he said he never thought about it and he's maybe considering it."

"Because of you?" Chengxiao asked with a hopeful look.
"He didn't say that," Ten sighed again.

"Cheer up. He agreed to meet you again," Sicheng comforted Ten. "Anyway, I can't wait to meet him for dinner!"

"You? You'll meet him?" Ten scoffed at Sicheng's comment.
"Yeah, why not? Taeyong-hyung, I can come, right?"
He begged with puppy eyes and Taeyong couldn't resist the sweet boy and agreed.

"Sure sure. All of you should just come!" Taeyong exclaimed with an eye-roll when Jungwoo started to sport puppy eyes as well.

"But Monday 6:30! Not my problem if you're busy!" Taeyong announced after checking his and Jaehyun's schedule.

"I have a date then," Yuta complained which Taeyong only answered by sticking his tongue out.

"I have a date as well," Doyoung answered nonchalantly but didn't mind missing the parent's meeting too much.

"No! I don't wanna be the loner in between couples!" Jungwoo complained when Doyoung said he wasn't going to be there.

Sicheng and Chengxiao blushed in return when they were regarded as a couple even though they were not.

"Get your boyfriend to come then," Taeyong proposed. "I've been wanting to meet him anyway."

Jungwoo shook his head at that and mumbled something about not wanting Taeyong to have to cook too much but didn't bother to deny Lucas as his boyfriend.

Ten sighed but messaged Kun anyway. Not like it was possible to avoid this meeting. Besides, he wasn't the one getting interrogated.