Alex

I park my car in my usual spot underneath the big oak tree where it can get some shade, even though it's always raining here. I step out of my car and see my friend Tom coming my way.
" hey savanna, I didn't you catch yesterday. Where were you?" I smile and tightly rap my jacket around me and walk with Tom as I say

" yeah, yeah sorry I was busy and just some stuff came up" ... not really I just wasn't in the mood for visiting anyone at all yesterday.
Tom smiles and nods his head.

" so are we still gonna go see dusk till dawn Friday night?" I smile and say " Tom your my best friend I've known you since we were in diapers and I never though that you would be interested in vampire romance" I laugh.

Tom shrugs and says "well what can I say"

***
Lunch
***

I walk into the cafeteria 10 minutes late hoping that I would have a chance to get the fruit snack in the front of the line. I get in line spotting four bags left. I stand in front of the lady who puts mash potatoes on my tray as she finally asks me about what dessert I want.
" I would like some fruit snacks please" I say smiling.

The lady looks at me and says "I'm sorry we gave the last one" . I nearly cry. What?!

" here. You can have mine." The guy in front of me says. I look up and see Alex standing right in front of me. He smiles handing the bag of fruit gummies to me. " I don't really like theses anyway" he says as he smiles and walks away before I could thank him. I stand there holding the bag of fruit snacks in my hands watching Alex leave the cafeteria.

Alex... I don't really know how to explain him. I used to like him my sophomore year. He was really quite but cute and dangerous. I never really got over him until... well never... but I managed to forget about him.

I walk to the bleachers mine and toms usual lunch spot. I quickly pause and don't make another move when I see Caleb and the guys sitting on the bleachers and no Tom anywhere to be seen. I already made my way out here and im not walking back so I'll just text Tom and ask him where he's at.

I pull out my phone as I make my way towards the stands. My shoes make the stands sound loud. I look up and see the guys looking at me as they talk in secret. I text Tom

WHERE R U?!!!

But I get no answer. I take a seat as I hear the guys laugh. I hear Caleb McCane say

" pass me the lighter. Light it for me?"

Yes I know it's bad that he smokes. But I can't help to look up again and this time Alex catches my eye. He puffs out his cigarette smoke into the air as he looks at me staring a whole into my eyes.

I smile lightly

I smile lightly. He smirks. I look away and gasp with fright when I suddenly turn  around and see Caleb and Sam standing Infront of me.

Caleb smiles and looks at Sam over his shoulder as Sam smirks.

"Your savanna. Right?" Caleb asks. I stand up rubbing my hands on my jeans and say
"Y-yeah. How do you know me?"
Caleb stops smiling and says
" no reason... we'll see ya around Stevenson" he says as Alex and Ashton join the group. I look at Alex as he says to me
" see ya around". I can barley even stand up right now. What just happened?

My phone goes off and it's a text from Tom.

Sorry i got detention.😐

***

I hear shouting in the corner as I'm making my way to Spanish. I make a left and peek through the corner and see Aron Daniels pinning Lisa against the wall choking her.

"Hey! Let her go!" I shout. Aron looks over at me eyes with anger. He smiles all of the sudden still holding Lisa again the wall.  " well well if it isn't little miss save the day."  I walk up to Aron and say " let her go now!" He laughs and brushes his hair back and says " or what?"

"Or-" ... before I can speak Aron grabs me by my neck and throws Lisa on the floor causing him to slam me into the wall. " or this will-..."

HEY! let her go you sick bastard! Someone shouts. Alex.

" your lucky pretty boy came to save you!" Aron says as he lets me go. Alex looks at me and says
"Are you crazy?!" I rub my neck in pain and say in disbelief  " what do you mean? I just tried to help Lisa because Aron was hurting her!" Alex snares and looks at the floor.

" Never...Ever, get near Aron Daniels. Do you hear me?" He says worriedly. I nod rubbing my neck. "Here, let me see your neck." Alex says as he pushes my hair back.

" he bruised you." His eyes burn into mine as he gets closer to me the smell of cologne and cigarettes fill my nose. " it's no big deal I'll be fine" I say pushing my hair back to the way I had it covering my neck.
Alex sighs and says " well you good now?"
I smile and nod. Alex adjusts his leather jacket and nods leaving me alone in the hallway speechless.

***

❤️❤️❤️❤️
Hope you enjoyed Alex!