Unexpected suprises

***
Sam smiles like if he's a good boy or something. " S-Sam , what are you doing here?". Sam doesn't speak he just walks into my house with his lose buttoned up shirt. He pulls out a cigarette and lights it, I stand there and have no words. And never mind about him being a good boy, but he's trying to give the impression off of one. This isn't like Sam.

" look Savanna..." I suddenly hear someone say  "ahemm..." clearing their throat. I turn around and see Caleb. He pulls his shirt over his body and says " Sammy, what are you doing here?" He steps infront of me and stares Sam down. Sam stands looking eye to eye with Caleb.

" look man, I'm not here to fight or do anything to piss you off. I just came to make things right with you and savanna..." Caleb doesn't say a word he just stares at Sam more. Sam steps in the house. " caleb, look. I just came to apologize for what I did it's my fault okay." I suddenly feel bad because I know this isn't all same fault. It's mine to.

" no. It's my fault to." Caleb turns to face me. He laughs a little and shakes his head and reaches in his jeans pocket and pulls out a cigarette and a lighter. He lights it and puffs out his smoke like he usually does. " look Sam just leave and I'll catch up with you boys later okay?" Caleb says. Sam takes a quick look at me his brown eyes burning into mine and he suddenly breaks contact and says " yeah, sure." And just like that Sam leaves throwing his cigarette on the floor and smashing it with his shoe on his way out the door.

***
MONDAY
****
I get out of my car feeling like shit. I tug my jacket on me closer since it's like 30 degrees out and it's fall now. I make my way towards Tom as I see him at the vending machines. My shoes smash the leaves on the ground causing it to make a crunchy sound, the wind hits my face and I suddenly wake up. " hey there bestie" I say. But Tom doesn't turn and say hey back. " hello? Tom I know you can hear you dork" I say as I laugh a little. But Tom still stands still waiting to get his snack.

" oh so now you wanna talk to me?" He suddenly says. " what do you mean?" I say confused.

Tom pulls out some fruit snacks from the vending machine and turns to look at me. " savanna it's like you don't even have a best friend anymore. You're so caught up with Caleb and his gang that you don't even acknowledge me anymore" I suddenly start to feel a lump in my throat. " Tom look, your still my best friend and I know, I need to take a break from them."
Tom looks at me and just makes his way to a table and sits down. " Okay umm, how about you come over today and we can watch movies and drink hot chocolate and eat popcorn and candy corn?" I say as I smile widely. Tom looks up at me chewing his fruitys.

" fineee." Tom says smiling. " yayyy!" I say as I hug him tightly.

***
Walking the hallways with Tom for lunch like old times always makes me happy, just knowing I have my best friend beside me makes everything better. " oh shit, bitch alert" says Tom as I spot Miranda Owens rounding the corner with her crew. She spots me and Tom and stops infront of me.

" awwie I see you still dress out of fashion, unlike me who can actually afford new things" she says as she laughs " and one more thing savanna, stay away from Caleb McCane and the boys especially Caleb , he doesn't need you and your loser ass, he needs someone experienced." She laughs again and so do her friends. Right as I'm about to speak someone from behind me says
" why should she stay away from us?" I turn around as Alex appears by my side. Miranda perks up and flips her hair. " oh because she doesn't fit in. I mean come on, look at her" Miranda says as she laughs. Alex glares at her not laughing. " how about you stay away from her, and us, we don't like perky bitches like you anyway." Alex says as he adjusts his leather jacket and rubs his hair back leavening one strand of hair to the side. Miranda doesn't say a word she just walks off stomping her heels rounding the corner.