21: One more

After we received the news the officer informed me I had to go down to the police station tomorrow to answer some questions. I agreed and the three of us headed inside.

"Demi do you have any idea why nick would be drinking and driving?" I asked Demi. "Long story short, I dumped him and when he found out I was seeing Selena he flipped out and now he just gets drunk and does stupid things" she informed me. "Okay, well he was intoxicated while driving and that's against the law non the less he's a minor. But I won't press charges" I decided.

"Lauren you don't have to do that just because of his motives. He broke the law and he has to assume the consequences" Demi restored.

"I know Demi and I agree he does but prom and graduation are in a couple of days and I'm sure his parents won't let him go to prom, graduation is a big deal that can affect his whole life and I can't let a stupid mistake ruin his entire life" I sympathized.

"You're right. I guess I'm just stressed. I better go, feel better" Demi said her goodbyes and soon she was out the door.

--

The next day I went down to the the police station with Camila. The questions were simple, they asked if Nick had a reason to be angry at me, if he was every violent towards me, etc.

"Let's go home" I declared once the officers said I could leave. "Alright" Camila smiled, we started walking towards the exit a man with a long coat who I'd seen early was sitting on a chair near the exit; I shrugged it off and got in the car letting Camila drive us home.

"You look cute when you drive" I complemented as I exited the car and limped inside the house. "Only when I drive?" Camila pouted. "yeah otherwise you look horrible" I joked."Asshole" she stated and pouted even more. "I'm joking you're always cute" I laughed before pecking her lips multiple times making her pout disappear. "I've missed being here with you" I stated before wrapping both my arms around her body, pulling her closer.

"Put your open lips on mine and slowly let them shut for they're designed to be together" she sang making me giggle. "You're a dork did you know that?" I asked kissing her cheek. "With your body next to mine our hearts will beat as one" she continued. I cupped her cheeks and placed my lips on hers. I took her bottom lip between my lips.

She pulled away and smiled "you make me happy" she stated, I was a little confused by her sudden statement. "Let's go for a walk" she declared and before I could protest she grabbed my hand and we were out the door.

With our fingers entwined we walked side by side. I don't exactly know where we were walking but I didn't care. "Food" Camila yelled all of a sudden and pulled me inside a pizza place. "Babe" I whined, "laur" she whined back. We sat down at a corner booth, I couldn't help but notice the man with the long coat again. I instantly pulled Camila closer to me by the waist.

"What's wrong?" she asked. "I love you" I stated and pecked her lips multiple times before giving her a deep passionate kiss. "Promise me that we'll stay together no matter what" I demanded. "I promise, I love you too Laur. What's wrong?" she asked stroking my cheek. "Well I've been-Hello ladies welcome to Donnie's pizza what can I get you today?" the waiter interrupted us. "Ms. Jauregui?" the waiter who I later recognized as Austin asked. "Lauren, I'm not your teacher anymore" I said. "Right, fancy seeing you here" he smirked at Camila.

"I'm going to the ladies room" Camila excuses herself before walking to the restrooms. "Did I scare her away?" he asked, I didn't respond and just stared at him with a blank expression. "Okay here's the thing Camila says she's a virgin when in reality she's not. My buddy went to this strip club and she was there; being the slut she is. She acts so innocent when in reality she's a slut" he laughs. "Is that why you tried to rape her?" I asked, his face went pale. "I-I d-didn't" he stuttered. "Large ham and cheese to go" I ordered, he just nodded and walked away.

--

"What did he say?" Camila asked as we walked back home. "Nothing important, don't worry about it baby" I assured her and kissed her cheek. "Don't do that" she pleaded. "Do what?" I asked. "Treat me like a baby, tell me what he said I can take it" she demanded. "His friend saw you at that club you used to work and he called you a slut" I sighed. Camila nodded looking down "it's not true cam" I said wrapping my arm around her waist. "I know" she mumbled. I leaned up and kissed her cheek, "I love you" she pursed her lips together trying not to smile. I leaned up once again and pecked her cheek "love you" I repeated, and once again I didn't get an answer. "Okay then I guess you don't want pizza" I started to walked away before I was tackled to the grass but the pizza landed safely next to me. "Ouch!" I yelled laughing. "I love you" she mimicked and picked up the pizza, "so you're just going to leave me here laying on the floor?" I pouted and stood up retaking my position next to her.

We were a few houses away from our house when once again I saw the man in the coat, I quickly pulled Camila behind me, he ran towards us so I pushed him to the floor and quickly held him down "Camila call the police!" I shouted.

"N-no" the man pleaded "please please don't" he continued. "I'm not here to hurt you" he stated and looked up at me with his hands up in defense. "What do you want?" I asked. "Can we talk? somewhere more private?" he asked, I looked over at camila and she nodded.

Camila decided we should speak in our house I though it was a bad idea, I mean he was a stranger I don't know why Camila is giving him so much trust.

"My name is James..James Mcvey estebaro" he started and his gaze was glued on Camila. "And you are Karla Camila Cabello estebaro" he said. "H-how old are you?" Camila stuttered. "I'm twenty two" he answered. "B-but how? I'm an only child" Camila started breathing heavily.

"I thought I was an only child until I saw her a few months ago, I asked my father but he told me I was crazy that she had passed away so I thought it was my imagination until I saw her again this time I followed her and she has a five year old daughter and a husband so I started to investigate, until I found you and another guy named Nick Jonas" I saw Camila's face go pale as a paper. "He didn't really believe me and he just kicked me out and I've seen him a couple of times he's usually drunk" James continued. I felt Camila's body go limp and seconds later she was on my lap, she had fainted. I can't believe it Camila and nick are brother and sister along with James how can a mother pretend to be dead and hide this from their children?