Chapter One

Chapter One

I glanced over at the funny Doncaster boy. He was cracking jokes in the back of the cafeteria with his 'group', I guess you could call it. I turned back to my 'group', the populars. 

Yep, that's me. The most popular girl at my High School, from the younger crowd too. Only a Sophomore, and I get looked up to by Seniors. 

No, I'm not a snobby popular girl. I'm not stupid and a whore. I'm an honor role student, and captain of the Volleyball Team. Leading our team to victory for two years straight. 

"Earth to Alex." my friend Connor said, snapping his fingers in my face. 

"Oh, sorry Connor." I giggled. "Whatcha need?" 

"Tomlinson is staring at you again." he laughed and moved his glance from me to the cheeky Senior. 

Louis Tomlinson was his name. A Senior, the class clown, was sneaking quick looks at me. We had never talked before, and he was my neighbor of 5 years. I even went over to his house for dinner once, and we still never talked. But there was one thing about him that I loved. 

His voice.

I would hear him sing in his backyard a lot. Sometimes when my window was open, I could look across the lawn and see Louis in his room. I would see him singing while doing his homework. His voice was incredible. 

Once he caught me watching, well listening, to him sing. He pulled out a notebook and wrote something down, then turned it to me. All it said was 'Hi Alex' with a smiley face. So I found a notebook and did the same, and that's how we would have our conversations. But never, did we ever, talk in person. 

"He always stares at her, it isn't that big of a deal Connor." Ashley scoffed, checking out her fake nails.

Oh Ashley, how I despised her. She acts like my friend, when in reality she just uses me for popularity. She's fake and pretty much the entire school-scratch that-the entire town hates her. She's practically slept with every guy there is. 

I eyed her carefully. Her platinum blonde hair, obviously dyed, straightened so much that her hair is dead. Her disgusting brown eyes, coated in way too much makeup, glaring back at me, a hint of hate and jealousy in them. Her lips the color of blood due to her over-dramatic lipstick. Her shirt, a little too revealing, matched with a short skirt barely covering her butt. Then her 6 inch heels were the worst of it all. How the hell could she walk through the halls with those mountains on her damn feet? Beats me. I preferred my UGGS, but that's me.

"Can I help you with something?" Ashley questioned rudely. I shook my head sweetly but inside I was practically vomiting at the sight of her. Connor noticed my discomfort with the bimbo, and he let out a chuckle. 

Connor was my best friend. He was a Senior, but I've known him since he was a Sophomore. Connor was the best soccer player in town, so most girls envied me for having such a hot best friend. 

Cue over exaggerated wink.

Connor and me were rumored to be the cutest couple in the school a few times, but we never even dated. It's kind of gross. I picture Connor as my older brother, and seeing him and I 'dating' makes me sick to my stomach. 

I don't get on well with most girls in this school. They find me intimidating, but when you get to know me I'm actually not at all. I'm really a sweetheart, but I get mistook for being a slut because all I hang out with is guys. The girls on the Volleyball team don't talk to me outside of practice. They think I'm not in their 'clique'. Whenever they have their outings, I'm not invited because they think I'll ruin it all because I'm Miss.Popular.