Chapter 14

Chapter 14

-Alex-

"Are you sure?" he asked. I nodded and took a deep breath. 

"I'm sure, Uncle Simon." I said. 

"If you need help, just shout." 

"Okay." I smiled and ran into the water, my board at my side. 

 --

It's been 3 weeks. 3 weeks since Harry Styles ruined my relationship. 

I remember Louis' broken voice echoing through the room. His eyes, once full of life, turned dull and lifeless. I remember how we were both lost for words. He was trying to question what happened, and I was trying to explain. But he just shook his head and backed out of the room. 

I haven't seen him since. He left. He's back home. 

But he did leave me a letter. 

My second letter from Louis. Except this one, this wasn't one I wanted to remember. 

Dear Alex,

This is the hardest letter that I had to make, and I hope this will be the last time I had to make one.

Loving you has been like breathing to me. It seems natural, no extra effort necessary. 

It is hard to accept that ours completely changed ... it's hard to accept that your attention and your desires in the future and have nothing to do with me and now someone else has won your heart as I once did. The truth is I do not know how I feel towards you, I do not know if it's love, contempt, hatred or disappointment all I know is that I no longer continue to endure this, I'll let you be happy wherever you want and who truly love. Which is with Harry. 

You want me to tell you the honest truth? Well here it is. 

I dream about you every night. I spend endless afternoons thinking about you. I usually don't go a minute without thinking about you or seeing you in my mind. Everything reminds me of you. I just wish you would leave my every thought. 

But that image. That image of you and Harry. It's stuck in my head. Replaying over and over again. I just want it to end. 

I'm going to miss you Alex. I love you and always will. But you never really loved me, did you? I'm just a sad case, you loved Harry the whole time. I really wish you didn't lead me on like that. I really thought you were the one. The girl I was going to marry and have a family with, but not everything works out. For me at least. 

One day you'll look back, and you'll see. You missed out on a lot.

And you'll regret it. 

Goodbye Alex. 

-Louis.