Chapter 12

Chapter Twelve

-Alex-

I slipped on my light pink bikini and applied some waterproof makeup. I did a once-over in the mirror, approving my choice of swimwear, then I skipped to the living room. 

"Ready?" Liam asked, looking up from his cell phone. 

"Yep!" I chirped, causing everyone to look up from what they were doing. There was an awkward silence when everyone looked at me. "Erm, are we gonna go, or..?" 

Zayn coughed, snapping everyone out of their dreamlike state. They all either coughed, adverted their eyes, or scratched the back of their necks awkwardly. 

"Yeah, let's go." Harry murmured and began walking to the back door. The others followed in suit, but I stayed behind with Liam. 

"What was that?" I asked him. 

"You're gorgeous and you're standing there half naked. What do you think happened?" he chuckled and draped his arm over my bare shoulders. 

"Shut up." I mumbled, elbowing his side. 

"So, where are the boards?" he asked. 

"In the shed, I think. Come on." I answered, leading him to the large shed in the backyard. I tried to open the door but it wouldn't budge. 

"I think it's locked." Liam pointed out. I gave him a 'no duh' look. 

"Really?" I asked sarcastically. "I think the keys are in the kitchen, I'll go get them." 

He nodded and I jogged back up to the house. Most of the boys were already at the beach, so the house was quiet...for once. I walked into the kitchen, in search for the small bronze key. I opened and closed drawers and cabinets, but couldn't find it. 

"Looking for something?" someone questioned behind me. I turned around to see Louis standing there, without a shirt, holding the small key in between his fingers. 

"Yes! Thank you!" I cheered and tried to take it, but he pulled his hand out of my reach. "Louis, give me it." 

"Nope."he smirked. 

"What do you want?" I groaned, crossing my arms. Only then realizing I was giving him a full show. He licked his lips, not leaving me eyes. 

"This." he replied, then smashed his lips into mine. 

"So, I guess this is why you're taking so long." Liam's voice rang through my ears. I quickly jumped away from Louis, a blush blossoming on my cheeks. 

"Uhm, I, uh, got the key." I stuttered, taking the key off the counter and grabbing Liam, dragging him out the door.