Chapter 5

Keith P.O.V
I staggered back to my room, leaving Shiro and Coran in the med bay. I locked my door, knowing Shiro wasn't coming. I lifted up my shirt, checking the purple splotch in the mirror. It's spreading. Oh god, I'm turning into a Galra faster now.

The purple covered my whole chest, reaching my forearms. I sank to the ground, hugging my knees as I took deep breaths. Someone knocked on the door and I scrambled out of the bathroom, slipping into my red jacket. I made sure all the purple was covered before opening the door to Shiro.

"Come with me, " He whispered, making me flinch before following him out to the control room. Everyone was sitting on the couches, talking loudly. I groaned, trying to block the voices.

"Guys, be quiet, " Shiro scolded, shushing the paladins.

"What's wrong with Keith?" Hunk asked, receiving a glare from Shiro.

"It's...It's too...loud, " I whimpered. Shiro grabbed a piece of nearby paper, I think he's become highly sensitive to noise, so try not to talk.

"Don't talk!" Lance yelled and I growled. Hunk put a hand over the blue paladin's mouth, making him quiet. Hunk walked over to me, slowly pulling my ears down, flashing me a smile. I give him a smile when a sharp pain runs through my stomach. I double over, my skin feeling like something burning was crawling all over me. I scream, clawing at the ground, trying to ease the pain. I hear people talking around me, but I can't move, the pain finally subsiding. I pant heavily trying to regain my composure as I check my hands for damage. I yelp, my hands have purple fur and claws were where my fingernails once were. A hand touches me and I shoot up, my fingers grazing something soft.

"Hunk!" Lance yells, running over to the yellow paladin. I turn around. Hunk is on the ground, his hand holding his cheek as blood runs down. I don't need to look at my hand to know it was my fault.

"What's wrong with you!" Lance yells, helping Hunk up, "First, you hurt Pidge, then me, and now Hunk. Who's next? Shiro? Allura? Coran? Are you trying to kill all of us or something!?!?" I stare in horror at what I've done, my eyes locking onto Lance's fiery blue ones. I scramble to my room, taking care to hide my hands in my jacket pockets.

As soon as I enter my room, I lock the door, knowing that if Shiro is following me it'll buy me some time. I stare at my hands. I'm turning Galra more and more by the minute. I pull my jacket off, revealing my fuzzy purple skin. The purple is spreading quickly, and soon my jacket won't be enough to hide it. I slip the jacket on right when someone bursts in.

"Keith!" Shiro. Figures. I walk out, keeping my hands hidden in my pockets, "Why'd you hit Hunk?" I bite my cheek, letting the pain of how loud he is subside.

"Accident," I mumble, knowing it won't be good enough for him.

"You've been having a lot of accidents lately," Shiro bites, and I hang my head. He huffs leaving me alone in my room. I curl up on my bed, crying myself to sleep.

Third Person P.O.V

Shiro walks out of Keith's room, exhausted by the young paladin's behavior. He wants to know what happened, but he can't push Keith, knowing it might hurt him. He heads back into the control room to find Hunk, Lance, and Pidge heading to the med bay.

"Is it that bad?" He asks, looking at Hunk's cheek.

"Nah, just don't want it infected," He brushed it off, "Is Keith okay?"

"You're worried about that guy? Look what he did to you!" Lance complains.

"Yeah, he hurt me," Hunk sighs, "but he's still a paladin, and my friend. I want to make sure he's alright."

"I don't know," Shiro rubs his eyes, "I need to talk to Coran, so I'll head to the med bay with you." The four paladins walk to the med bay, bandaging up Hunk.

"Coran?" Shiro asks the older Altean. He hums, letting Shiro know he has his attention, "Did anything weird pop up on Keith's scans?"

"Hmm, no I don't think so," Coran twirls his mustache, quickly pressing keys on a glowing keyboard, "Nope, he's-" An agonizing scream cuts Coran off.

"Paladins, something's wrong with Keith!" Allura's voice yells through the castle. They run toward his room, bayards ready. Another scream sounds, this one louder than the last, making the paladins move faster. Shiro bursts into Keith's room, flicking on the light, looking for any sign of the red paladin. Keith's body is clawing and thrashing on the bed, like he's having some sort of seizure. As Shiro heads to him, Keith stops moving, making everyone freeze. He shoots up, gasping for air and his face shimmering with tear stains, not noticing the alarmed paladins.

"K-Keith?" Pidge asks, her voice coated with worry. He jumps, taking notice of the paladins.

"G-Get out," he growls, not bothering to turn around.

"You were screaming again," Lance says, ignoring what he asked.

"I'm fine, now, get out," Keith growls again.

"That's the second time Ke-"

"Get out!" Keith roars, turning around. The paladins jump back, surprised by his outburst.

"K-Keith? What's up with your neck?" Hunks asks, pointing at him, "It's purple."