Chapter 19

Third Person P.O.V.

It's been a little over two months since Keith came back from the Galra the second time. Lance asked him out without him falling asleep. It was beautiful. He surprised him by taking him to a nearby planet, kind of like Lolian. The sun was setting and you could see the blues in his eye as he held Keith's hands and asked the fated question. He said yes. The whole team knows they're dating now, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Allura and him are fixing their relationship, though Keith is still a bit closed off near her. He doesn't want to get hurt again, it was too much to bear. His sleep paralysis is still a problem and he's been having more nightmares recently when he does actually sleep. He's become a bit of an...insomniac. The monster barely cares if he's awake or asleep lately, it comes out whenever it feels like it. Keith hasn't told any of them, especially his boyfriend, they would all be too worried and he didn't want that.

Right now Keith was staring at the ceiling, fighting the urge to sleep. It might not keep the monster at bay, but it kept away the nightmares, that counts for something. He yawned as he stretched, his jacket riding up his arms. He got out of bed and paced, anything to keep himself awake. Usually, he would go on his phone but there's no service in space so that plan is kaput.

He rubbed his eyes as he walked into the bathroom, splashing water on his face. His body sagged under his weight and he could barely bring himself to his bed before he passed out soundly.

...

Keith gasped as he woke up from his nightmare. He clutched his chest as he took in his surroundings, calming minimally as he realized he was in his room. The nightmare was cut short by his insomnia, something he has grown to appreciate at times like these. His ears picked up the clatter of silverware and a smiled ghosted his face. He got up and felt his tail swish, he had turned back. His stomach dropped and he sighed. What he calls his "Human Time" is being cut shorter and shorter by his "Galra Time" and he's becoming worried. What if he can't turn back and forth anymore because he's Galra so often? What would the team think? What would...What would Lance think?

Keith pushed down the anxiety, suppressing a panic attack as he slipped a hoodie on over his head. He stalked out of his room, feet shuffling as he makes his way to the kitchen. The team froze at the sight of him, quickly resuming what they were doing as Keith sat.

"Okay, Kitten?" Lance asked, concern dripping from his voice.

"Yeah, just tired," Keith muttered as he nibbled on some space goo before pushing it away. Lance pursed his lips but didn't press it, knowing Keith wouldn't tell out here if he tried to force him. He sometimes opened up in their room's or when they're alone somewhere else in the castle.

"Alright," Lance begrudgingly dropped it for now. Keith curled up next to the boy, watching as he ate his food. His stomach churned and he stopped the urge to puke then and there. He mentally sighed as he looked around the room. His tired eyes fell over the quiet paladins as they ate their breakfast, wondering what was going through their brains. It couldn't compare to the thoughts taunting him right now, could it?

Monster.

Nothing.

Useless.

They'd be better off if you were gone, Keith. No one here needs you.

Lance is only dating you so that he can look like a good guy. Dating a nothing like you, acting like he cares when he doesn't really. He using you to make himself look good.

None of them really care.

Do them a favor and leave, maybe then you could actually be good for something.